Did you ever see the BBC version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My daughter and I were pretty much of the same mind. It Michael piece struck me as extraordinarily cruel and not find in the least. The bit with Michael and Erin made for some interesting interchange, but I'm not sure it redeemed the overall cruelty of the story line.

The Dwight plot was a bit tedious, I though, although Dwight imitating the different co-workers was well played. Even though it was tedious, it offset the awful Michael segment. I'm close to giving up on the show, frankly.

And when's Erin going to get a spine. She needs to have Pam give her some talking points for getting Michael to not treat her like s***.
    I think you're misreading Michael. It isn't cruelty, he obviously didn't want to not live up to its promise but rather a seperation from reality. It's what makes Michael such a brilliant character, not because of any reality but rather because he's a farce.

Michael honestly believed that he was going to be a millionaire, and as a millionaire, he'd have enough money to pay for all those kids tuition. What makes this more cringe worthy than even normal Michael Scott is that of course he didn't plan for any contingency, he just assumed he'd be a millionaire.

He just desperately wants to be liked(more than respected) and so he's willing to promise people anything and everything on the off chance they'll like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Did you ever see the BBC version?
    Not much of it. It is better though. I just think the show is painful to watch and just not that funny. I do like Dwight though.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Well I don't get to watch this show much if at all anymore given my new career and hours.. But I don't get all the michael hate. Whenever I do watch an episode, he still makes me laugh... I enjoy the so called ackward moments that are making some of you cringe. Comedy gold and Steve Carrol pulls it off well.

I appreciate all the characters of this show and the dynamic they bring. Not every character has to be likable for a show to work.

For example, take sienfeld. Don't care much for jerry, but despite my dislike, he helped make that show work, and work very very well.

I just think every actor on the show brings something to the table for you to get invested in, even if that means rooting against their character.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

"Tranny Clause"
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I love "The Office".

By far my favorite show.

Definitely have a huge crush on Jenna Fischer.

Started watching the show because she reminded me of a friend of mine.

I've now been dating that friend since last March. Coincidence, I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Scott: Alright, Kevin... you are accused of making sexually suggestive remarks to Angela, that made her feel uncomfortable. Solution: Angela, you are to make sexually suggestive remarks to Kevin that make him feel uncomfortable.

Kevin Malone: [quickly] I accept your decision. Cameraman: Smile.

Dwight Schrute: No!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-23-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Watching the moment that Jim finally asks Pam out on a date and her reaction to the camera is just incredibly sweet. You are right it does make the show that much better.
    "Awesome!", as Kevin would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    So disappointing. I really thought we were going to get an epic moment from Oscar.
    Agree. Don't know what their plans are, but it was set up perfectly up to that point for Oscar to get a larger role in the company and some character growth in the show.

Sorry for 4 posts in a row, but if I ever posted on this thread, it might have been only once, so I skimmed through 31 pages of posts.

I have never watched an episode that I haven't laughed hard at and thoroughly enjoyed, and I've watched nearly every episode.

But, then I only started watching it about 20 months ago, finding reruns, and then eventually getting the DVD's. Plus, it's creepily parallelling my own life way too closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Sorry for 4 posts in a row, but if I ever posted on this thread, it might have been only once, so I skimmed through 31 pages of posts.

I have never watched an episode that I haven't laughed hard at and thoroughly enjoyed, and I've watched nearly every episode.

But, then I only started watching it about 20 months ago, finding reruns, and then eventually getting the DVD's. Plus, it's creepily parallelling my own life way too closely.
    There's a camera crew documenting your work life?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    There's a camera crew documenting your work life?
    No, not that part.

The Jim and Pam part. The timing always being off with getting together...that Fischer reminds me so much of my girlfriend....the trying to be friends without acknowledging or being able to go further than that, etc.

I felt guilty watching the show because I had been with someone for 7 years, but it was slowing down, and Pam reminded me so much of a good friend of mine. Now, we've been together for 9 months and I don't see the other woman anymore.

That aside, I love the stupidity of the show. And, now I don't have to feel guilty watching it.

As Michael would say, "Too much information."
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-23-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Got a "Dunder Mifflin paper company" T-Shirt in Redszone RED, of course. Also, received "The Office Trivia Board Game".

It's a "Beni-Hana Christmas".

First new episode in weeks and it's a clip montage?

Disappointing. Why does any show EVER do a clip montage? It's pointless and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    First new episode in weeks and it's a clip montage?
    Weak Sauce.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

It's still better than that horrible Sienfeld montage they had once.

Turn Off Ads?