Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 675

Thread: The Office

  1. #496
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: The Office

    Agreed. I LOL several times. Have not done that in a while.

    So people are annoyed over Andy but they were not over the Pam and Jim...will they or won't they thing? I thought that was like watching paint dry..at times. I just think Pam annoyed me, and I realized she was engaged, but the way she would deny the obvious just reminded me of a few women I dated.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #497
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: The Office

    I dunno, it's all getting a little far fetched now.

    Ryan goes from temp, to salesman, to VP, back to temp. Clearly realistic.

    Jim goes from salesman, to co-manager, to manager, back to sales.

    Dwight still hasn't been fired despite going behind Micheal's back and gunning for his position, keeping weapons in the office, AND starting a fire which gave Stanley a heart attack. Oh, and he also drove Phyllis five miles downtown and took her purse and cell phone and made her walk back during weight loss week. And he still has a job. Very realistic.

    Micheal still has a job despite harassing or degrading each and every member of the office either sexually or personally. Okay, that's a tad believable, but c'mon. Even in the American workplace a manager as bad as Micheal wouldn't have lasted 12 years or however long he supposedly has.


    I love this show, but it's getting harder and harder to suspend my disbelief when the plot lines just get so kooky and far out.

    I have a bad feeling that this is where they're headed:


  4. #498
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hartford City, IN
    Posts
    346

    Re: The Office

    There were some good lines tonight.

    "Did you see Saw?"
    "Mose and I seesaw all the time."

  5. #499
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,314

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I dunno, it's all getting a little far fetched now.

    Ryan goes from temp, to salesman, to VP, back to temp. Clearly realistic.

    Jim goes from salesman, to co-manager, to manager, back to sales.

    Dwight still hasn't been fired despite going behind Micheal's back and gunning for his position, keeping weapons in the office, AND starting a fire which gave Stanley a heart attack. Oh, and he also drove Phyllis five miles downtown and took her purse and cell phone and made her walk back during weight loss week. And he still has a job. Very realistic.

    Micheal still has a job despite harassing or degrading each and every member of the office either sexually or personally. Okay, that's a tad believable, but c'mon. Even in the American workplace a manager as bad as Micheal wouldn't have lasted 12 years or however long he supposedly has.


    I love this show, but it's getting harder and harder to suspend my disbelief when the plot lines just get so kooky and far out.

    I have a bad feeling that this is where they're headed:

    It's a tv show.

  6. #500
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: The Office

    I realize that, and I still love the show.

    But the whole Ryan thing and to some extent Dwight just strike me odd. IMO, the fact that BJ Novak is a writer is the only reason Ryan still gets on the show. His character is pointless, annoying, and adds nothing to the show.

    The whole Dwight thing is just overkill too. At first when he was the office Nazi who we've all encountered at one time or another, that's believable. But planting listening devices in your bosses office? Trying to get your bosses password from an IT guy? Writing an entire "Diabolical Plan" to get your boss fired? They're just WAY overdoing it in my opinion.

    Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the only shows I make a point to watch. But Ryan needs to go yesterday and they really need to tone Dwight down a bit.

  7. #501
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,280

    Re: The Office

    Dwight is just not plausible?

    TV is supposed to be real?


  8. #502
    Test for fancy coffee yab1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    402

    Re: The Office

    It's okay for TV to be not plausible, as long as the point isn't that it is plausible. The office became such a hit because, for the most part, it had believable characters doing believable things. Over time though, the personalities are being stretched and exaggerated to the point where they're caricatures of what they were.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

  9. #503
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,584

    Re: The Office

    They're definitely in a transition. At least it looked like there was some direction last night. But, they're a long way from getting out of it. They're really close to ending this show if they don't do something about it.

    I thought they totally screwed up when they had the chance for Oscar to save the company with his "plan". That could have led to a promotion of Oscar to Corporate, Jim as Manager of another branch, and opened up a whole group of dynamics in Jim's new branch, along with dynamics changing in the Scranton Branch with Jim gone.

  10. #504
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    It's okay for TV to be not plausible, as long as the point isn't that it is plausible. The office became such a hit because, for the most part, it had believable characters doing believable things. Over time though, the personalities are being stretched and exaggerated to the point where they're caricatures of what they were.
    Bingo.

  11. #505
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,614

    Re: The Office

    Joe Camel looks like a penis. So when I see Joe Camel, I think of a penis....and vice versa.

  12. #506
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,584

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Bingo.
    Except that from Day 1, Michael would have been fired for what he did on every episode. He was never plausible.

  13. #507
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,183

    Re: The Office

    Plausible...?

    The minute you turn on the TV you are throwing plausible out the window. On every fictional TV show in history with over 100 episodes, there are going to be implausible scenarios. If you want to say a certain show is getting more and more implausible...I can see that. But to turn one's nose up because a show is not plausible...c'mon, theres not one out there that is 100 percent. Like someone posted, even the early Office eps weren't realistic...Michael would not have a job. I get it...the Office at first was based on the subtle humor of office politics, and it has gotten away from that. But it was never plausible for a extended amount of time.

  14. #508
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,835

    Re: The Office

    my boss planted a listening device in his office while he was at a seinar to spy on the rest of the office. left his door open so he could see/hear us with his video conferencing phone.

    i kid you not.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  15. #509
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,584

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    my boss planted a listening device in his office while he was at a seinar to spy on the rest of the office. left his door open so he could see/hear us with his video conferencing phone.

    i kid you not.
    Thus begs the question....at what point did you/the office find out? And, did you have some fun with it?

  16. #510
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,835

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Thus begs the question....at what point did you/the office find out? And, did you have some fun with it?
    it was pretty obvious. he left his door open, instructed that it not be closed. He's ex-military intelligence, and runs our IT division like he's still a colonel.

    And no, we didn't have fun with it. He's a firing type.
    Suck it up cupcake.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25