Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Considering how long NBC kept milking "Friends", well after it had died creatively, I'd say odds are slim on that. Those last three years of "Friends" are painful to watch, and I think NBC would have continued the show even longer, if the actors hadn't wanted to move on.
    True, but NBC has an entire night of established bad shows on Thursday that could slide into the 9:00pm slot.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Considering how long NBC kept milking "Friends", well after it had died creatively, I'd say odds are slim on that. Those last three years of "Friends" are painful to watch, and I think NBC would have continued the show even longer, if the actors hadn't wanted to move on.
    As opposed to some other years?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I still watch it and look forward to it every week. I do think the show has lost a little luster over the past 6 or so episodes. I though Dwight was back when he tore apart Jim's kitchen but he hasn't gotten back to his old self. I think the Jim and Pam marriage was where they had to go but they have struggled with those two.

I think the Nard dog has some great episodes but them some poor ones. I do love Kevin though. The cookie monster was great.
    I thought the cookie monster episode was hilarious!! C is for suspension!!

I think the last few episodes...leading to the finale...have been very good.

They have been on target with most of the premises and it has not been too out of control or trying too hard.

I remember Seinfeld had the same problem for a year or 2....where everything...even for that sitcom ...became way too over the top or cartoonish.

Anybody catch the season premiere last night?

It had some wierd moments but overall I liked it. Not sure about the whole Erin dating Gabe thing... Gabe is one of the creepiest characters in any show I've ever been a fan of.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Anybody catch the season premiere last night?

It had some wierd moments but overall I liked it. Not sure about the whole Erin dating Gabe thing... Gabe is one of the creepiest characters in any show I've ever been a fan of.
    Overall, I was surprised at how good it was overall. I wasn't put off by the Gabe/Erin thing; it freshens things up a bit and they're both so offbeat. Gabe can't be any creepier than Dwight. I thought it was a pretty fresh script, much better than some from last year. I'd encourage folks to watch the opening scene which was really fun.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Johnny Cueto Fan

Gabe is a weird dude. I would've rather seen Erin dating Andy still. But other than that, the show was great. Definitely had some funny parts to it.

I didn't expect the Gabe/Erin relationship until about 10 seconds before it was revealed. Good twist.

I thought the beginning was clever and well done. Of course it goes against the basic premise of the show but that horse has left the barn a few years ago.

The rest was pretty funny. Typical Michael sticking up for his nephew when everyone else hated him. Kind of funny he's going to be counseled by Toby. Didn't see Gabe and Erin coming. Liked Andy's TH about the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Liked the opening scene of Pam jumping up and down. They seemed to be milking that for a long time.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/nepotism/1251024/

Seriously though, it was a great opening scene.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-24-2010 at 06:25 PM.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It bothers me that Dwight is now more psychotic than funny. Also, Dwight being able to afford that office building seems awfully improbable.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Liked the opening scene of Pam jumping up and down. They seemed to be milking that for a long time.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/nepotism/1251024/

Seriously though, it was a great opening scene.
    I did think that was odd. I don't think Pam has ever been that type of character. To be honest I think that may be the best she has ever looked on the show.

Liked the Dwight angle. It was a little odd when he was waiving around the knife, but I think Dwight owning the building has some promise to it.

Pam getting Kevin to hot wire the elevator is another good one. Kevin, really?

I thought it was pretty good, but still not as good as some old episodes. I didn't start watching The Office regularly until probably the last 6 months, so I've done a ton of DVRing old episodes, while not catching many of the newer ones. But the newer episodes I have caught have left me disappointed.

It's still a good show, and I don't want to see it cancelled by any means. But I think it's reached a plateau and needs to do something to mix things up.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Pam getting Kevin to hot wire the elevator is another good one. Kevin, really?
    I loved the "Let me just check the Circus Board..." line. Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Ricky Gervais is definitely going to be on an episode as David Brent although it looks like he won't be on for long.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/scoop-...is-office-job/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?