Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

I just recently started watching this show on TBS on Tuesday night. Very, very funny show. I especially liked the episode where they played the pickup basketball game in the basement. Jenna Fischer, AKA Pam, is very nice to look at.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Don't you love it at the very end when Kevin hits like 10 shots in a row nothing but net?

"Ok, starting lineup...Stanley, of course"

"Why 'of course'?"

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Bears, beets... Battlestar Galactica

When is this show due back, I miss it!

There are some times when Carell is riffing about something (apparently he does a lot of improvising as I've heard in some commentaries on the DVDs) and you can see some of the cast members trying to keep themselves from cracking up, Krasinski in particular.

In the one episode where Phyllis gets flashed, and Carell tells Toby to show him his penis, Krasinski has his hand over his mouth but you can still see a grin behind his hand.

That looks like a show where everyone genuinely has a great time on the set.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Bears, beets... Battlestar Galactica

When is this show due back, I miss it!
    Can you say this Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Good points, Rick. And my wife and i made the same point while watching Season 3. There's no way the should could realistically keep them apart. But having those two in such a blissfully perfect relationship is a little cheesy and a bit boring. I wonder what they'll do with those two because I wonder how long their little utopian love affair will be able to continue.

Also, agreed on Cheers.
    I kind of like how they keep it in the background. I hate it when sitcoms let the relationship stuff take over and it morphs from comedy to "dramedy." My other pet peeve is when comedies start doing the serious "a very special. . ." episode to highlight some cause the actors or writers want to promote. One of the great things about Seinfeld is that they fell into neither the relationship trap nor the "very special episode" trap.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I just recently started watching this show on TBS on Tuesday night. Very, very funny show. I especially liked the episode where they played the pickup basketball game in the basement. Jenna Fischer, AKA Pam, is very nice to look at.
    You should see Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story Pam looks absolutely fabulous in that.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Thank God The Office is back....I dont mind the Pam and Jim angle...just hope it doesnt turn into a "soap opera"...

To go with what somebody previously said, Carell isn't very funny on the show, but his writing makes the show very funny. There are scenes that you know he wrote that are absolutly hilarious.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Carell doesn't have a TON of "lol" moments, but I think in these last few seasons hes done a tremendous job of being the character you can empathize for. It adds that extra dimension to the show that makes it just a little more than your average sit-com, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    "Ok, starting lineup...Stanley, of course"

"Why 'of course'?"
    "Oscar, we'll use you when we do baseball--or boxing..."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    There are some times when Carell is riffing about something (apparently he does a lot of improvising as I've heard in some commentaries on the DVDs) and you can see some of the cast members trying to keep themselves from cracking up, Krasinski in particular.

In the one episode where Phyllis gets flashed, and Carell tells Toby to show him his penis, Krasinski has his hand over his mouth but you can still see a grin behind his hand.

That looks like a show where everyone genuinely has a great time on the set.
    I remember reading somewhere that part of the cast has an improv comedy background and the actors are encouraged to stray from the script.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Also, I liked it much better before Jim and Pam were dating. The whole Roy and Pam thing with Jim in thebackground was funny. Having Jim and Pam together just takes something away, IMO.
    That is a blasphemous statement!

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that part of the cast has an improv comedy background and the actors are encouraged to stray from the script.
    I think a number of them are former Groundlings.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?