Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The Office

I loved that finale.

The Kevin thing was hilarious.

Anytime Mose makes an appearance I have to laugh. The ol Raccoon in the car trick gets em every time.

My favorite line from the night was: "You cheated on me... when I specifically asked you not to?"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've always figured Ryan would be making his way back to the Scranton branch. Now it looks like that might not happen!
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I've always figured Ryan would be making his way back to the Scranton branch. Now it looks like that might not happen!
    Before he got busted, I thought he was going to fire Jim, throwing a monkey wrench into his proposal plans. Turns out Andy took care of that for him.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

IMO, they've drifted too far into the office relationship realm. Will or won't Jim propose? Will Angela really leave Dwight? Michael-Jan or Michael-New HR woman? I'd like to see them put some of that on the backburner and get back to more of the regular business stuff around the office. Sales calls, training, quarterly meetings, etc.

The constant romantic drama overshadows some of the great characters that have been developed. It leads to too little screen time for some of the really great supporting characters like Kelly, Stanley, Oscar, etc. It also limits the show by preventing them from working in clients, vendors and other outside characters.

The scene last night with Kevin standing in front of the vending machine was priceless. "How much money do you have?" followed by Kevin the book keeper simply holding out his hand full of change was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    My favorite line from the night was: "You cheated on me... when I specifically asked you not to?"
    I almost cried when he said that. I also loved the "I have to make this one count" line.

The show really gets better and better. The way these characters have developed covers some of the best writing in any genre that I have seen in a while. I think at this point it has actually surpassed the UK version simply because these characters have had more time to grow.

Your neighborly fan,
    Lady Baker
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    IMO, they've drifted too far into the office relationship realm. Will or won't Jim propose? Will Angela really leave Dwight? Michael-Jan or Michael-New HR woman? I'd like to see them put some of that on the backburner and get back to more of the regular business stuff around the office. Sales calls, training, quarterly meetings, etc.

The constant romantic drama overshadows some of the great characters that have been developed. It leads to too little screen time for some of the really great supporting characters like Kelly, Stanley, Oscar, etc. It also limits the show by preventing them from working in clients, vendors and other outside characters.
    I have very few complaints about this show but I agree with you to a certain extent. Some of the funniest moments are the pranks Jim plays on Dwight, like last night when he routed Dwight's phone to his. The deadpan looks on Jim's face are priceless. I don't know if I've ever laughed as hard as I did during the episode when Jim put all of Dwight's belongings in the vending machine.

I think the relationship stuff was played up a bit more last night because it was the season finale though. Generally, I don't think that aspect necessarily overpowers the other characters.

I just love this show - great writing, as vaticanplum points out.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

The scene last night with Kevin standing in front of the vending machine was priceless. "How much money do you have?" followed by Kevin the book keeper simply holding out his hand full of change was brilliant.

Agree completely.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I think the relationship stuff was played up a bit more last night because it was the season finale though. Generally, I don't think that aspect necessarily overpowers the other characters.
    Yeah, I agree. The last (?) episode before this one (the Stanley stuttering fiasco) was very old-school Office. For the most part I think they strike a good balance.

The Jim and Pam is kind of the classic example of things getting boring once two characters who are clearly meant for each other get together. I think it's pretty clear after last night that the happy-happy there is not going to last though.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I love the show and the episode last night especially the Kevin being special angle. I enjoyed Creed's bit about how the HR lady was prying into his business asking him what he does. My only wish is for Scrantonitcity II to make another appearance but that would have blown the whole Kevin being special angle.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Michael's going away gift to Toby was hilarious. And I agree, whenever Mose makes an appearance it's a good time and if they show him running it's icing on the cake
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Any predictions on what will happen now that Phyllis walked in on Dwight and Angela doing the dirty?

Great episode.
    Watching Creed try to figure out what his job was a classic. "I need to write this stuff down."
    Special Kevin was unforgettable. "That's a button."
    Andy's proposal was spectacular - and Angela's response was hilarious. Watching Jim and Pam take it all in was great, as well.
    This is what happens when you get a talented pool of people and let them do their thing - in my opinion, this show shows absolutely no signs of slowing down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post
    Any predictions on what will happen now that Phyllis walked in on Dwight and Angela doing the dirty?
    I can see two things:

Phyllis keeps it under her hat and uses it to absolutely torture Angela, allowing her to keep Angela under wraps, but to allow her to take over the party committee (her master plan) - all with the threat that, if Angela does not submit, everyone (including Andy) will know.
    or
    Phyllis immediately blabs to everyone, causing Andy and Angela's plans to fall apart and a lot of discomfort for Angela, Andy and Dwight.
    For some reason, I see the former happening more than the later. But, then again, the writers are pretty good at pulling little tricks out of their hats, so I could be way off.
    Of course, I could also remember this post once the new season begins, find this post, edit it, and hail myself as the genius that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I can see two things:

Phyllis keeps it under her hat and uses it to absolutely torture Angela, allowing her to keep Angela under wraps, but to allow her to take over the party committee (her master plan) - all with the threat that, if Angela does not submit, everyone (including Andy) will know.
    or
    Phyllis immediately blabs to everyone, causing Andy and Angela's plans to fall apart and a lot of discomfort for Angela, Andy and Dwight.
    For some reason, I see the former happening more than the later. But, then again, the writers are pretty good at pulling little tricks out of their hats, so I could be way off.
    Of course, I could also remember this post once the new season begins, find this post, edit it, and hail myself as the genius that I am.
    Except you can only edit posts three hours after you make them, IIRC.

The season finale might be my favorite episode of the entire series to this point. Just so many completely awesome facets to the finale.

Turn Off Ads?