Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have always been curious about this....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

have always been curious about this....

during the season when the reds are on an extended homestand..during the day other than golf what do they do all day?? do they all stay at the same hotel?? do they have houses up here?--just curious what a normal day consists of

Re: have always been curious about this....

When they are home, few (if any) stay in a hotel.

They make their homes here during the season; some buy, some rent. So the majority if not all have real homes here (I read that Sean Casey had two, though I have no idea why).

When they play night games, I'm sure most sleep in the next day. Then I would think they just lead normal lives until they go to the ballpark.... watch TV, go out to eat (or eat in), fish, swim, etc.

Most of the families of the married guys also live here during the season.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

They call me "chef"

I doubt any players would go for a swim, as that would more than likely leave them feeling groggy and tired the next day. My guess would be they do the one thing they can't do during game days, NOTHING. Sit around and enjoy the feeling of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    (I read that Sean Casey had two, though I have no idea why).
    I read that too and wondered the same thing. If it wasn't Casey, one might wonder if he had a wife in one house and a mistress in the other. But I suppose it could be for tax purposes. He doesn't seem the kind of person to be an extravagant spender and he was making some pretty good money the last few years. If all that money sits in the bank, Uncle Sam takes a big bite out of it. Now if he invests it into something safe - like a house - that's a different story.

But to get back to the original question, I have it on good authority that they all spend their off days reading RedsZone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I can't remeber who it was but I think it was an Astros player either last year or the year before gave an interview about a day in the life. His day was basically be at home, spend the morning being at home do the family stuff - take the kids to school etc. Summer vacation take the kids with them to the park. For night games they usually have to be at the park by early afternoon anyway. Get ready for BP etc.

IIRC, Griffey bought a place in Mt. Adams a few years ago. Denny Neagle used to live in the Wetherington Golf & CC in West Chester. Russell Branyan used to live in a condo at Four Bridges in West Chester. Jason LaRue has a home in a Mason subdivision, and I think Graves also had a home in that same neighborhood.

Most other players probably have similar types of local homes they live at during parts of the season.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

University of Cincinnati

I believe griffey has a house out towards Mainville, he lives on a golf course out there.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I believe griffey has a house out towards Mainville, he lives on a golf course out there.
    That must have changed recently. At least in 2004 he had a condo 5 minutes from the park.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by beb30

Not sure if Griffey still has the Mt. Adams crib, but he does live out on TPC Rivers Bend near Lebanon/Maineville. He is also a member there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Not sure if Griffey still has the Mt. Adams crib, but he does live out on TPC Rivers Bend near Lebanon/Maineville. He is also a member there.
    Junior lives at Adams Landing near the Boathouse.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I think a great deal of it depends on whether they are married, have kids, or are single. I got to know Todd Van Poppel a couple of years ago, and he chose to keep his family in Texas while he lived in Cincinnati at Lytle Place Apts. He said that Lytle was the bachelor pad for Reds players because it was 1) convenient, 2) nice, and 3) relatively inexpensive. He said the guys whose families are with them all of the time either lived in No. KY or Butler County.

Barry Larkin had a house in Amberly Village which became famous when he did his plea for a contract extension at the end of 2003. His brother lives there, and Barry staed there only during the season.
    Last edited by dougflynn23; 03-10-2006 at 09:21 AM.

For the past two seasons (at least), both Dunn and Kearns have condos on the river (Ky side). You can see the building from the GAB, very close to the suspension bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    For the past two seasons (at least), both Dunn and Kearns have condos on the river (Ky side). You can see the building from the GAB, very close to the suspension bridge.
    I never really thought about it before, but it's kind of amazing that Dunn isn't married yet. He's 26, that's like a million in baseball player years as far as that goes.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I never really thought about it before, but it's kind of amazing that Dunn isn't married yet. He's 26, that's like a million in baseball player years as far as that goes.
    George Brett didn't get married till after he retired.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    George Brett didn't get married till after he retired.
    Neither did Steve Young.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?