Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have always been curious about this....

Re: have always been curious about this....

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I never really thought about it before, but it's kind of amazing that Dunn isn't married yet. He's 26, that's like a million in baseball player years as far as that goes.
    George Brett didn't get married till after he retired.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    George Brett didn't get married till after he retired.
    Neither did Steve Young.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Neither did Steve Young.
    Yes but they are not as jovial as Adam.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Yes but they are not as jovial as Adam.
    Plum's gettin' starry-eyed again.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Plum's gettin' starry-eyed again.
    Oh no I have no claim to him...he has many women on this board lined up before me!

I believe my cousin has run into him down on the dock-thing whatever-it-is where people go out and drink down by the Ohio River, which supports the idea of him living down there. If I'm not mistaken my cousin is part of a small group of people who call him "bubble butt," but I'm sure she does it with great affection and charm.

In this day and age, twenty-six is actually kind of young for a guy to get married. He's still having fun.

I would think it would be very difficult for a professional athlete to meet someone let alone actually have/find the time to get to know them, enough to get married I mean.

Players don't have a whole lot of time off or free time and when they do, it's either during the day or late at night after a game. Most working individuals (not all) are either working or sleeping during those hours.

The majority of athletes I've read about often marry young and it's to their highschool or college sweethearts, probably because they don't have much time to meet anyone else. When that doesn't happen, they usually wed much later in their careers.

Ouch! That sounded kind of bad, but I do think it's true.

Damn! I wish I was young.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    In this day and age, twenty-six is actually kind of young for a guy to get married. He's still having fun.

I would think it would be very difficult for a professional athlete to meet someone let alone actually have/find the time to get to know them, enough to get married I mean.

Players don't have a whole lot of time off or free time and when they do, it's either during the day or late at night after a game. Most working individuals (not all) are either working or sleeping during those hours.

The majority of athletes I've read about often marry young and it's to their highschool or college sweethearts, probably because they don't have much time to meet anyone else. When that doesn't happen, they usually wed much later in their careers.

Ouch! That sounded kind of bad, but I do think it's true.

Damn! I wish I was young.
    I totally agree with you. The rest of the America is getting married older, but baseball players haven't moved. They still really seem to settle down so young. I think the vast majority of them are married by the age of 26 because their worlds are very cloistered while they're young, and by the time they realize how big the world is and how much of it is open to them, they're already married. (This is a matter to which my friends and I have devoted countless hours of conversation, despite the fact that we are well aware that we would have absolutely nothing to talk to a baseball player about apart from baseball. Sorry this is so off-topic. Man, that Dunn can hit, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Not sure if Griffey still has the Mt. Adams crib, but he does live out on TPC Rivers Bend near Lebanon/Maineville. He is also a member there.
    Junior lives at Adams Landing near the Boathouse.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?