Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ESPN Sportsnation

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

ESPN Sportsnation

Interesting poll from ESPN Sportsnation. I'm not surprised how low Palmeiro is down the list! Barry Larkin unfortunately isn't getting much love, so let's get out there and do something about it!

ESPN Sportsnation Poll

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Sportsnation

A lot of guys deserving on that list getting no love. Bagwell is hovering around the middle of the pack on that list. Just shows you how out of touch some fans are with who were really good ball players. Barry to me should be in but playing in the era of Ozzie Smith won't help his cause. Nor will the numbers A Rod puts up over the next ten.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    A lot of guys deserving on that list getting no love. Bagwell is hovering around the middle of the pack on that list. Just shows you how out of touch some fans are with who were really good ball players. Barry to me should be in but playing in the era of Ozzie Smith won't help his cause. Nor will the numbers A Rod puts up over the next ten.
    Can you even really consider ARod a SS anymore? Sure, he has 1162 games @ SS, but I would be surprised if he broke 1300 for his career. I couldn't agree more that the poll DOES show how out of touch fans are with the HOF caliber ball players.

I wouldn't vote in most of the players on the list, including Bagwell and Larkin. I don't consider the hall of fame to be for the very good but it should be more for the best of the best. Just being an all-star shouldn't get you into the hall of fame. You should be one of the best all stars every year. Palmerio has all of those stats but only 4 all-star games which means there were a lot of players better than him each year. Same with Bagwell, I don't think of the 90's and consider him to be the best first baseman in baseball. Larkin gets somewhat of a raw deal because he was at the end of the small ball era and the beginning of A-rod and the steroid era. A-Rod's stats just as a shortstop put him as one of the top 3 shortstops in history. He was only a couple of HRs away from having the most as a shortstop and he only has 1 gold glove fewer at SS than Larkin. I may not like A-Rod b/c he is a part of the evil empire but in my opinion he is still the best SS in baseball. What really gets me about Larkin is the .295 average. He was not a power hitter in a decade where the .300 average was just as common as a 20 HR season. If he played more in the 80's I would respect the .295 a lot more.

Where do you vote? I don't see it on ESPN's website.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

The Ballot

Sorry about that, apparently that link was to the results, not the actual ballot

Turn Off Ads?