Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade advice needed....

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Trade advice needed....

OK, scoring is on R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

He offered a trade of this:

He gets Zach Duke, Jeremy Hermida and Edwin Encarnacion

I get Mike Mussina, Chipper Jones and Milton Bradley.

Hermida and Encarnacion are both on my bench. I have AROD at 3rd and my outfielders include Griffey, Jay Gibbons, Wily Mo, and JD Drew. So Hermida was more of an insurance policy if some guys go down or he absolutely blows up.
    My pitching includes Halladay, Oswalt, Huston Street, Turnbow, Pettite, Dan Haren and Francisco Liriano.

With the scoring for pitching, I see Mussina get quite a few more wins than Duke, mainly becuase of the offense. This is not a keeper league, so these guys are just for this year.

Anyone have opinions. I am leaning toward pulling the trigger, but wanted some advice first. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade advice needed....

Is this a keeper league?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

JB, he said it's not a keeper league.

I would be worried about my OF if I was you. I would shoot for a better OF than Bradley, even doing a 3 for 2. Gibbons will be solid, we know what Jr. can do IF healthy but he Drew and Wily Mo are all ? You don't need Mussina and should be able to find somebody on the WW as good as him
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

IowaRed, the thing is with outfielders, there are always guys who step it up that are available as FA's every year and i was thinking that I would also be able to pawn off Chipper Jones for a decent OF if needed later on.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    IowaRed, the thing is with outfielders, there are always guys who step it up that are available as FA's every year and i was thinking that I would also be able to pawn off Chipper Jones for a decent OF if needed later on.
    Agreed, but there also SP's available all the time and with your SP's you don't need Mussina. My immediate concern would be to have another OF that I would feel comfortable is going to get 500 AB's and put up solid numbers. Either way, I don't think you lose on the deal
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

You would be trading away players with tremendous upside, but yet you would be getting players in return that are more proven. Mussina is on the downside of his career, Chipper Jones had a down year last year, and Milton Bradley...well, let's just say I wouldn't want to be on his team, ya just never know if he may blow up. I wouldn't do it.

Turn Off Ads?