Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSU vs. Indiana

OSU vs. Indiana

Watching the game...currently 10-10 and the Bucks look really scattered...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSU vs. Indiana

This game is being played at an incredible pace right now.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Yeah, both teams running up and down the court and throwing the ball to the other team.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

These tournaments must be exhausting both mentally and physically. Hopefully they'll get it together as the game goes on.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Wow.

Indiana misses two extremely close shots at the buzzer to lose by 1.

I tell you what, if I see my name drawn next to IU's tommorow, I am not a happy camper.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

got alil captain in u?

good game by both teams but my buckeyes prevail great game by jj sullinger

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    Wow.

Indiana misses two extremely close shots at the buzzer to lose by 1.

I tell you what, if I see my name drawn next to IU's tommorow, I am not a happy camper.

I disagree. I think that you just found out to beat Indiana. If Ohio State hit close to their season average of FG, they would have won by a large margin.

I also think that Indiana was playing for a lot more. One wonders if they will revert to the team before Mike Davis resigned.

To Ohio State's demise, JeKel Foster was nowhere to be found. The Buckeyes can't carry that dead weight for much longer.

Also - the Big10 Championship game is going to be sloppy. Bad.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Foster? Dead Weight? He's in a bad shooting slump, but he is surely not dead weight. There's two ends of the floor and he is always a difference maker with his D. It could really be a fun run if he finds his stroke in the tourney as the rest of the squad has learned to win while he shoots his way out of it. Hopefully, he finds it just in time.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Agreed. If Foster starts to hit again the Bucks will be in the Final 4. If not they could still make it but it will be much much tougher.

Matta's boys just keep finding ways to win, don't they?

It's good to see them when on a night when they don't have everything working for them.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I disagree. I think that you just found out to beat Indiana. If Ohio State hit close to their season average of FG, they would have won by a large margin.

I also think that Indiana was playing for a lot more. One wonders if they will revert to the team before Mike Davis resigned.

To Ohio State's demise, JeKel Foster was nowhere to be found. The Buckeyes can't carry that dead weight for much longer.

Also - the Big10 Championship game is going to be sloppy. Bad.
    It's not like Indiana played their best game either. IU played their worst game in their last 6, and was a basket away from winning. Ohio State won by 1 point. So it's not like they put on a clinic on how to beat IU.

And I don't buy this Indiana was playing for a lot more stuff. IU is already in the tournament, and their seeding is locked in the 5-9 spot. OSU has the chance to get a #1 seed.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

It's not like Indiana played their best game either. IU played their worst game in their last 6, and was a basket away from winning. Ohio State won by 1 point. So it's not like they put on a clinic on how to beat IU.

And I don't buy this Indiana was playing for a lot more stuff. IU is already in the tournament, and their seeding is locked in the 5-9 spot. OSU has the chance to get a #1 seed.
    I think there's a reason IU played their worst game in their last 6. It's called the Ohio State defense.

And I give credit to IU's defense. But bottom line, OSU just keeps finding ways to win.

Go Bucks!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I think Indiana needed to play tomorrow so that they could "audtion" in front of their new coach.

OSU has no shot at a number one. Memphis won and Texas won. They will get a #2 and play in Dayton. I would like to see them get in a pod and play Kentucky in round 2. I think Dials vs. Morris would be worth it.

It's not that I am ragging on JeKel Foster. Ron Lewis stepped up Friday. JJ Sullinger today. Tomorrow it could be Jamar Butler. But, for his sake, I hope Foster gets it started tommorrow.
    Last edited by Heath; 03-11-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Heath,

1. How in the world is Je'Kel Foster "dead weight"?

2. How exactly do they have "no chance" at a 1 seed if they win tomorrow?

What looks more impressive to you....winning the CUSA tourney or winning the regular season and post season tourney in the number one RPI conference in America?

They may not get it, but to say they have no shot isn't true.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Heath,
    1. How in the world is Je'Kel Foster "dead weight"?
    Well, honestly, he hasn't kept up on the offensive side of the floor. Sure, he's played well defensively, but they need his offense if they are going to go far.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    2. How exactly do they have "no chance" at a 1 seed if they win tomorrow?

What looks more impressive to you....winning the CUSA tourney or winning the regular season and post season tourney in the number one RPI conference in America?

They may not get it, but to say they have no shot isn't true.
    Look, I don't like it as well as you do. All projections have the Buckeyes as a No. 2. They needed Memphis (who has been consistent all year) and Texas to lose. They are ranked higher than the Buckeyes, who should be STRONGLY commended at coming in at Top Ten when people picked them sixth or worse in the Big Ten. Heck, Gonzaga's played in a worse conference than Memphis, but they are this year's mid-major darling.

I'm thrilled with a 2 seed and two games in Dayton. Even making me more happy would be a Regional final in Atlanta. But someone's going West to Oakland and someone's not going to be happy about it. And all projections have the Buckeyes heading West.

So, to quote Jake Taylor, "Well, I guess there is only one thing left to do."

Turn Off Ads?