Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mixed drink ideas

Re: mixed drink ideas

You can buy frozen lime juice. We used to keep it on hand in the summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's hysterical.

"Ken notes that the brita box tells us that the brita will reduce various elements which can cause
    “long term liver or kidney damage". Hooray, we all think. "

The spousal unit loves apple martinis or appletinis (apple twist vodka, apple pucker schnapps). They drink them at bunko all the time. Cosmo's have been making appearances as well.

I'm a Jack on the rocks guy. Give me a drink glass with a good heft to it, some clear tinkly ice cubes, and a healthy snort of Jack and I'm set.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Best margarita ever:

Sauza conmemorativo, Cointreau and fresh lime juice. (NO SOUR MIX. Blasphemers.)

A few of these and you will be happy for the rest of your life.
    There you go. That's what God intended for margeritas.

I hate frozen slushy margeritas that look like they just came out of a Slurpee machine.

Having said that, Williams-Sonoma makes a decent margerita mix that will do in a pinch.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue
    Rum and ginger ale-Don't laugh..It's good.
    One New Year's a friend and I were experimenting with Capt. Morgan and various flavors of Faygo. Captain and Rock 'n Rye was a surprisingly good mix, though something tells me you won't be able to order that at a bar. Captain and Moon Mist on the other hand doesn't quite work.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I'm a Jack on the rocks guy. Give me a drink glass with a good heft to it, some clear tinkly ice cubes, and a healthy snort of Jack and I'm set.
    you're hard core roy...other than an occasional shot, i've never been able to handle straight liquor without some sort of pop or juice added to it...as for jack, every time i've had that, it's pretty much knocked me on my butt...

I'm not a whiskey drinker by any means, but I had a glass of Midleton Very Rare that just might change my mind. Now if only I could find a bottle of it under $200.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I actually think that good whiskey and scotch on the rocks are the easiest things to drink. They go down smooth as silk...and now suddenly I'm a 70-year-old man (but it's true).
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    as i said, i'm pretty boring...don't think i've ever had a martini or cosmo...

give me some of your favorite weekend specials

Cosmopolitans are gooooood. One of my favorites.

Turn Off Ads?