Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Bowden & Soriano

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina
    Posts
    13

    Bowden & Soriano

    It has been a few years since I have posted here in RedsZone, although I do check in and read every day. This is a great forum for Reds fans and my hat goes off to all the members who keep it alive and active and especially to the fellas running the show....Great job.

    I thought of this when I read about how unhappy Soriano was about the Nats wanting him to play the outfield. I noticed the KC61 posted a similar thought in "Old Red Guard." I tried to reply there but don't have the privilage which is fine and I totally understand, since like I said I very very seldom post.

    Anyway....My thought also involved Milton for Soriano, but I actually carried it a little farther. It seems that Bowden may be heading for a difficult time with Soriano, and everybody knows that he has his favorite players so....

    What if the Reds offered Milton and one of Bowdens favorite young outfielders, either Kearns or Pena for Soriano and John Patterson. I figure Patterson might be a bit much to ask for, but if Bowden feels like he is over a barrel in this Soriano thing and if he could get one of his favorite OFs do you think he would bite? Heck considering Milton's numbers last year the Reds could even sweeten the pot with a third body.

    I know a lot of you aren't that excited about Soriano's D, but his O should be great in GAB. Dunn could go back to the OF and Hatteberg could hold down 1B for this season at least.

    I don't think I would allow Bowden to counter offer. If he didn't accept my offer I would just go ahead and tell him good luck with Soriano.

    Whata ya think? I've got my blindfold on, cig in mouth standing in front of the wall so go ahead and fire away.

    Once again....Great job on RedsZone fellas.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    those two just ought to get married.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    733

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    I'd not push the envelope by trying to include John Patterson, but I love the Milton for Soriano idea with the intention of flipping Soriano to team in need of a 2B for a top prospect. He really doesn't fill a need as a Red so long as we have EE, Pena, and Kearns in the lineup, and I wouldn't trade WMP to create a spot for him as Soriano would never be a Red beyond 2006 from a financial standpoint.

  5. #4
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Leatherpants isn't going to be trading Soriano, that would be admitting a huge mistake. He is more likely to trade Vidro.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  6. #5
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Leatherpants isn't going to be trading Soriano, that would be admitting a huge mistake. He is more likely to trade Vidro.
    i agree with that entirely.

    but i do love G-Nati's premise far more than going bad contract for bad contract. however, i don't think Bowden would let go of Patterson without real prospects coming back.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  7. #6
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    however, i don't think Bowden would let go of Patterson
    no chance him trading Patterson. Here is in a job audition, he will try to win at all costs(as unlikely as that seems).
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  8. #7
    Old Red Guard Reject
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    I was reading about a 3way trade possibility on the other board with the Mets involved. If they don't take Milton I wouldn't want any part of the deal. Neither Washington nor New York has a lot to trade away in terms of prospects.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    721

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Quote Originally Posted by G-nati
    It has been a few years since I have posted here in RedsZone, although I do check in and read every day. This is a great forum for Reds fans and my hat goes off to all the members who keep it alive and active and especially to the fellas running the show....Great job.

    I thought of this when I read about how unhappy Soriano was about the Nats wanting him to play the outfield. I noticed the KC61 posted a similar thought in "Old Red Guard." I tried to reply there but don't have the privilage which is fine and I totally understand, since like I said I very very seldom post.

    Anyway....My thought also involved Milton for Soriano, but I actually carried it a little farther. It seems that Bowden may be heading for a difficult time with Soriano, and everybody knows that he has his favorite players so....

    What if the Reds offered Milton and one of Bowdens favorite young outfielders, either Kearns or Pena for Soriano and John Patterson. I figure Patterson might be a bit much to ask for, but if Bowden feels like he is over a barrel in this Soriano thing and if he could get one of his favorite OFs do you think he would bite? Heck considering Milton's numbers last year the Reds could even sweeten the pot with a third body.

    I know a lot of you aren't that excited about Soriano's D, but his O should be great in GAB. Dunn could go back to the OF and Hatteberg could hold down 1B for this season at least.

    I don't think I would allow Bowden to counter offer. If he didn't accept my offer I would just go ahead and tell him good luck with Soriano.

    Whata ya think? I've got my blindfold on, cig in mouth standing in front of the wall so go ahead and fire away.

    Once again....Great job on RedsZone fellas.
    I like that plan. Then we could flip Soriano for some pitching prospects. Maybe to the Mets for Huber and Heilman?
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

    "His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

  10. #9
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    If Milton does get traded we still got to eat that 20 some odd million dollar contract,right?

  11. #10
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    If Milton does get traded we still got to eat that 20 some odd million dollar contract,right?
    Milton's contract? No. Whoever ends up with him has to pay his deal unless we pick up part of it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    I have a friend that is a scout for the Mets, and he says Bowden has been trying since before teh Soriano deal was announced to trade Vidro...that was the idea all along....but since Soriano has made his unhappiness felt, AND since no one is sure how healthy Vidro is, Bowden is getting anything done on either front. Those in need of 2B want Soriano for nothing.... we arent the only ones who can see that Bowden is over a barrel.

  13. #12
    Cruisin' for trouble
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    3,290

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    I think there is some validity to the idea of incorporating a trade that involves Milton and Vidro as the principals. We may regret Vidro's contact in a couple of years, but we already regret the Milton deal now. Vidro can at least provide some production during his contract whereas Milton almost certainly will not.

    But, in order to get Jimbo to bite on the deal, I think the Reds will certainly have to include someone with him although offering any of the current outfielders is giving away too much.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Bowden & Soriano

    Dude, I am totally in and have been thinking that very same thing...

    Except I would prefer keeping Kearns and Wily Mo Pena in the Outfield...

    This team is loaded with Bowdens "Faves"...so pick a young pitcher...

    Gruler, Hudson, etc...

    Soriano would be great for second then we could trade Womack to whatever Beer League team Dan O'Brein catches on with...

    JaredRoberts.com


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25