Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bowden & Soriano

Bowden & Soriano

It has been a few years since I have posted here in RedsZone, although I do check in and read every day. This is a great forum for Reds fans and my hat goes off to all the members who keep it alive and active and especially to the fellas running the show....Great job.

I thought of this when I read about how unhappy Soriano was about the Nats wanting him to play the outfield. I noticed the KC61 posted a similar thought in "Old Red Guard." I tried to reply there but don't have the privilage which is fine and I totally understand, since like I said I very very seldom post.

Anyway....My thought also involved Milton for Soriano, but I actually carried it a little farther. It seems that Bowden may be heading for a difficult time with Soriano, and everybody knows that he has his favorite players so....

What if the Reds offered Milton and one of Bowdens favorite young outfielders, either Kearns or Pena for Soriano and John Patterson. I figure Patterson might be a bit much to ask for, but if Bowden feels like he is over a barrel in this Soriano thing and if he could get one of his favorite OFs do you think he would bite? Heck considering Milton's numbers last year the Reds could even sweeten the pot with a third body.

I know a lot of you aren't that excited about Soriano's D, but his O should be great in GAB. Dunn could go back to the OF and Hatteberg could hold down 1B for this season at least.

I don't think I would allow Bowden to counter offer. If he didn't accept my offer I would just go ahead and tell him good luck with Soriano.

Whata ya think? I've got my blindfold on, cig in mouth standing in front of the wall so go ahead and fire away.

Once again....Great job on RedsZone fellas.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bowden & Soriano

those two just ought to get married.

I'd not push the envelope by trying to include John Patterson, but I love the Milton for Soriano idea with the intention of flipping Soriano to team in need of a 2B for a top prospect. He really doesn't fill a need as a Red so long as we have EE, Pena, and Kearns in the lineup, and I wouldn't trade WMP to create a spot for him as Soriano would never be a Red beyond 2006 from a financial standpoint.

Leatherpants isn't going to be trading Soriano, that would be admitting a huge mistake. He is more likely to trade Vidro.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Leatherpants isn't going to be trading Soriano, that would be admitting a huge mistake. He is more likely to trade Vidro.
    i agree with that entirely.

but i do love G-Nati's premise far more than going bad contract for bad contract. however, i don't think Bowden would let go of Patterson without real prospects coming back.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    however, i don't think Bowden would let go of Patterson
    no chance him trading Patterson. Here is in a job audition, he will try to win at all costs(as unlikely as that seems).

Old Red Guard Reject

I was reading about a 3way trade possibility on the other board with the Mets involved. If they don't take Milton I wouldn't want any part of the deal. Neither Washington nor New York has a lot to trade away in terms of prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by G-nati
    It has been a few years since I have posted here in RedsZone, although I do check in and read every day. This is a great forum for Reds fans and my hat goes off to all the members who keep it alive and active and especially to the fellas running the show....Great job.

I thought of this when I read about how unhappy Soriano was about the Nats wanting him to play the outfield. I noticed the KC61 posted a similar thought in "Old Red Guard." I tried to reply there but don't have the privilage which is fine and I totally understand, since like I said I very very seldom post.

Anyway....My thought also involved Milton for Soriano, but I actually carried it a little farther. It seems that Bowden may be heading for a difficult time with Soriano, and everybody knows that he has his favorite players so....

What if the Reds offered Milton and one of Bowdens favorite young outfielders, either Kearns or Pena for Soriano and John Patterson. I figure Patterson might be a bit much to ask for, but if Bowden feels like he is over a barrel in this Soriano thing and if he could get one of his favorite OFs do you think he would bite? Heck considering Milton's numbers last year the Reds could even sweeten the pot with a third body.

I know a lot of you aren't that excited about Soriano's D, but his O should be great in GAB. Dunn could go back to the OF and Hatteberg could hold down 1B for this season at least.

I don't think I would allow Bowden to counter offer. If he didn't accept my offer I would just go ahead and tell him good luck with Soriano.

Whata ya think? I've got my blindfold on, cig in mouth standing in front of the wall so go ahead and fire away.

Once again....Great job on RedsZone fellas.
    I like that plan. Then we could flip Soriano for some pitching prospects. Maybe to the Mets for Huber and Heilman?
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

If Milton does get traded we still got to eat that 20 some odd million dollar contract,right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    If Milton does get traded we still got to eat that 20 some odd million dollar contract,right?
    Milton's contract? No. Whoever ends up with him has to pay his deal unless we pick up part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I have a friend that is a scout for the Mets, and he says Bowden has been trying since before teh Soriano deal was announced to trade Vidro...that was the idea all along....but since Soriano has made his unhappiness felt, AND since no one is sure how healthy Vidro is, Bowden is getting anything done on either front. Those in need of 2B want Soriano for nothing.... we arent the only ones who can see that Bowden is over a barrel.

Cruisin' for trouble

I think there is some validity to the idea of incorporating a trade that involves Milton and Vidro as the principals. We may regret Vidro's contact in a couple of years, but we already regret the Milton deal now. Vidro can at least provide some production during his contract whereas Milton almost certainly will not.

But, in order to get Jimbo to bite on the deal, I think the Reds will certainly have to include someone with him although offering any of the current outfielders is giving away too much.

Dude, I am totally in and have been thinking that very same thing...

Except I would prefer keeping Kearns and Wily Mo Pena in the Outfield...

This team is loaded with Bowdens "Faves"...so pick a young pitcher...

Gruler, Hudson, etc...

Soriano would be great for second then we could trade Womack to whatever Beer League team Dan O'Brein catches on with...

JaredRoberts.com

Turn Off Ads?