Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Bengals interested in LaVar Arrington

Re: Report: Bengals interested in LaVar Arrington

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I missed that - haven't seen it on espn.com or si.com or whatever.
    I heard he visited with the Giants, but left without a contract. He reportedly wants to stay in the NFC East, but I don't see a match there with Coughlin.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    Bengals.com is reporting Dexter Jackson has signed with the Bengals!
    It's true. Here's the espn link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2366753
    Great pickup.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Can someone who knows about Dexter give a write-up of his talents? I read the news story... is he considered a premier safety?

He's pretty average, but it's a HUGE improvement over KK and Ohalete. But, with Lawyer Milloy still available, it's kind of disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Can someone who knows about Dexter give a write-up of his talents? I read the news story... is he considered a premier safety?
    He can play both safety positions. His best season was his first and only season with Arizona, where he recorded 74 tackles and 6 interceptions. He should be an instant upgrade over Kaesviharn and Ohalete.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They said he'll start at Free Safety... does that mean Madieu will play strong safety? With Dexter's physicality, it seems like he'd be better suited to playing strong safety...

Marvin likes interchangable safties who can take either spot, so maybe you'll see Jackson play some strong as well.

Will Kim Herring be around as well next season? I'm not sure what his contract status is, but he's more than serviceable himself when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I'm still trying to figure out how Dan Snyder (Washington) is able to go hog wild in free agency with huge contracts. So far he's traded for Brandon Lloyd; and signed Archuleta, Randel El and Christian Fauria (who he really didn't even need). Is there no cap in Washington?
    That is part of what Mike Brown and the Bills owner (Ralph Wilson?) were fussing about. The large market teams have a larger revenue stream plus some non-cap revenue streams that allow them to plunk down huge bonuses and to cap out with a smaller impact on the bottom line. Not sure if Brown's gripe is legit, but if that is indeed the case, it places a larger cap burden on smaller revenue teams just from a simple wages as a percent of sales perspective. Of course, Snyder hasn't exactly been spending on the right folks as mediocrity reigns under his system.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Will Kim Herring be around as well next season? I'm not sure what his contract status is, but he's more than serviceable himself when healthy.
    Unless they sign another FA or draft an upgrade from KK and Ohlafate, I'd hope so.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

There's a bunch of talk that Herring may be let go to save cap space. Honestly wouldn't bother me, he hasn't been able to stay healthy and didn't do anything impressive when he did play.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    There's a bunch of talk that Herring may be let go to save cap space. Honestly wouldn't bother me, he hasn't been able to stay healthy and didn't do anything impressive when he did play.
    Not if it means another season of Ohalete's "body" tackles. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon
    He's pretty average, but it's a HUGE improvement over KK and Ohalete. But, with Lawyer Milloy still available, it's kind of disappointing.
    Actually, Jackson is exactly the kind of safety Marvin likes ... coverage first. Milloy is a bit of a liability in coverage these days. Jackson OTOH spent most of his career playing the deep zone in Tampa, allowing John Lynch to essentially play LB and rack up a ton of tackles and pro-bowl appearances. I think having him back in coverage will allow Madieu Williams to do the same.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 03-13-2006 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    Actually, Jackson is exactly the kind of safety Marvin likes ... coverage first. He spent most of his career playing the deep zone in Tampa, allowing John Lynch to essentially play LB and rack up a ton of tackles and pro-bowl appearances. Milloy is a bit of a liability in coverage these days. I think having Jackson back in coverage will allow Madieu Williams to do the same.
    THAT is a great point. Well said.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?