Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bengals interested in LaVar Arrington

Report: Bengals interested in LaVar Arrington

This from bengals.com:

...the Bengals have also expressed interest in another one of his clients, former Redskins outside linebacker LaVar Arrington. Arrington went to one of his Pro Bowls playing in Lewis’s defense in 2002 and is currently on a high-price tour that stopped in Miami on Saturday.
    A bit surprising but Arrington IS a game-changing type LB.

Things are really going to get interesting with free agency. Looks like the Bengals are going to play it smart and conservative. I highly doubt that they'll be able to sign Arrington (or Sam Adams).
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Report: Bengals interested in LaVar Arrington

I have mixed emotions on this. I think he is over-rated, but as a free-roaming LB, he could add something we haven't had here for awhile.

I'd be leery, he's going to be expensive for them.
    Go Gators!

You guys don't want LaVar. I am a Redskins fan, and I think Arrington is overrated. He also has a bad attitude. The Bengals are my second favorite team, and I don't want to see LaVar heading there. He'll probably end up going to the Giants anyway.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Lavar was one of my all time favorite Nittany Lions (lived there and attended every home game 90-96), though I didn't get to watch him much in person. The "Lavar Leap", where he launched himself over the line super-man style and stopped the Illinois RB for a loss on fourth and inches. That's pretty much LaVar in a nutshell. He's an athletic freak who likes to roam free and take risks.

He's actually a very intelligent, articulate guy, but's a bit of a free spirit. I'm not sure what he'll cost, but he'd be great to have in a play-making capacity. I wouldn't want to count on him every down, but he would be a great addition if the price is right.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

In other news, Sage Rosenfels signed with the Houston Texans. The Bengals were looking at him as a backup with Kitna likely gone.

Also, Edgerrin James signed with the Arizona Cardinals today.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Bengals have also set up visits for Sunday and Monday with safeties Will Demps, Dexter Jackson, and Lawyer Milloy.

LaVar was out of place with Joe Gibbs. I think he'd thrive in Marvin's World.

Arrington just signed with the Giants.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Mike Brown will continue to fiddle while the Bengals chances of rebuilding their defense through FA burns.

With CP out for who knows how long...... they need to stack their defense to help out whoever the backup QB (and it's not like they will go after a front line one...not with all the money tied up with CP, CJ and RJ).

The Bears showed that with a very good defense.....you could have Klinger back there and still win. Just play slow and conservative until CP is back.

Man, players aren't wasting any time signing. Amazing how quickly this is all going down.

I honestly don't see why people still feel that the Bengals need to sign some big name free agent to gain credibility. Every year they say "no" to big name free agents who end up signing a big deal with some other team, only to underperform. The Bengals don't need that. They need guys who are going to come to play football.

Like the Steelers, Marvin Lewis seems like he prefers to go after free agents who fly under the radar who can help out the team or trade for someone who may be undervalued by his current team. I don't expect the Bengals to sign a big name in free agency and I won't commit hari kari if they don't. I do expect and hope they sign players who are going to improve the D, no matter what kind of name they have.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Bengals.com is reporting Dexter Jackson has signed with the Bengals!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Arrington just signed with the Giants.
    I missed that - haven't seen it on espn.com or si.com or whatever.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'm still trying to figure out how Dan Snyder (Washington) is able to go hog wild in free agency with huge contracts. So far he's traded for Brandon Lloyd; and signed Archuleta, Randel El and Christian Fauria (who he really didn't even need). Is there no cap in Washington?

Turn Off Ads?