Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow UC got screwed

Re: Wow UC got screwed

Air Force making the tournament is a joke. That goes up there with N. Iowa last year and New Mexico a few years back as the worst at large selections I've ever seen. Don't understand all of the hating on Alabama, who definitely earned their way in, but Cincinnati should've gone before Air Force and Utah St. (both bad picks in my opinion) as well as a number of others who made it. I just don't get this one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Air Force getting in over UC is one the worst decisions I have ever seen by a selection committee. If Air Force would have played in the Big East they would have finished last or near last in that conference.

got alil captain in u?

they got screwed big time they should be in over a number of teams and they deserve to be in

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    they got screwed big time they should be in over a number of teams and they deserve to be in
    Namely Air Force.

I'm glad we don't have Nancy Zimpher anywhere near Lexington.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    This is from the editor of the Louisville Sports Report, these guys have tons of connections to the L'Ville AD's office and to Pitino himself.

If this is true NANCY ZIMPHER SHOULD BE FIRED TOMORROW AT 8AM.
    If that is true, then wow - there needs to be a coup in Clifton tomorrow.

That is beyond petty and immature.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

What is amazing is that committee chair kept talking about encouraging teams to play tough schedules and that was the message the committee wanted to send with its selections. He says that but UC was 5th in the country in strength of schedule while Air Force was 158th in strength of schedule.

Every year some school's fans somewhere is ticked off for the same reasons. It just happens. I thought UC deserved to be in. But every year...somebody gets screwed.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Every year some school's fans somewhere is ticked off for the same reasons. It just happens. I thought UC deserved to be in. But every year...somebody gets screwed.
    Very easy to say when your team gets to play 90 minutes away from their campus.

OSU deserves it, don't get me wrong. It's just really easy to say "well that sucks" to another fanbase when your team is sitting high and mighty.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered

OSU deserves it, don't get me wrong. It's just really easy to say "well that sucks" to another fanbase when your team is sitting high and mighty.
    Well, they ain't too high and mighty, the lost to Iowa.

According to an article from the Enquirer UC is not sure whether they will even accept an NIT bid. NIT bids are announced at 9 PM ET on ESPNU and ESPN News.

Retired

Word is Maryland and Stanford are turning down NIT bids, I hope UC does as well.

Why would you hope they turn down the bid?

The Kirkland injury was held against them(according to Littlepage). He was even one of their top 3 players. Seems like the committee was looking for a reason not to put them in.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered

You bet it's easier to say...no doubt. But I also said that I thought UC deserved to be in. If the shoe was on the other foot I be ticked off just like you guys are.

And on another topic...why turn down an NIT bid? What does that accomplish? If you're a senior don't you want to play a few more games? I don't see what turning down an NIT bid does for you.

It's extra games, extra revenue, a little extra tournament experience, and a few more games for your guys who have worked hard. If I'm UC I'm saying, "Come on guys, let's go win that freakin' NIT.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    You bet it's easier to say...no doubt. But I also said that I thought UC deserved to be in. If the shoe was on the other foot I be ticked off just like you guys are.

And on another topic...why turn down an NIT bid? What does that accomplish? If you're a senior don't you want to play a few more games? I don't see what turning down an NIT bid does for you.

It's extra games, extra revenue, a little extra tournament experience, and a few more games for your guys who have worked hard. If I'm UC I'm saying, "Come on guys, let's go win that freakin' NIT.
    I don't think they should turn down the bid. But if they do, it will be their little way of saying "screw you" to the NCAA.

Turn Off Ads?