Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

http://www.klbk.com/sports/default.a...ownews&id=1461

A source with the Dallas Cowboys tells KLBK-13 that a deal between the team and wide receiver Terrell Owens has apparently been reached.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third team in four years.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

They deserve each other. I hope they implode.
    School's out. What did you expect?

This really was never a suprise. I look for the Cowboys to be this years Raiders. Big play WR, washed up quarterback, lagging defense, and change of coaches at the end of the season.(Parcells will retire, mark it down)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Well, Parcells retires every three or four years, so I guess he's due.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

A match made in heaven. The Cowboys are trying to unseat the Raiders as The Island of Misfit Toys.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I am so tired of T.O.

I don't like to wish injury on people, but I wish he would go away, forever.

This was expected, and probably even makes sense for at least 2006. It will probably be Parcells's last season as Cowboys coach and they need a big play receiver.
    For decades most fans have seemed to either totally love or totally hate the Cowboys. I was never at either extreme. I liked the Cowboys back in the 1970s when they featured Staubach & Co.; I couldn't cheer for them in the 1990s even though they had a few players I liked such as Emmitt Smith, but now the combination of T.O. and Jerry Jones probably make the Cowboys my least liked NFL team.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I liked the Cowboys in the '60's, but I've enjoyed hating them ever since then.

Thanks TO. You went to the perfect team for your unique, non-stop yapping style.

Cowboy haters everywhere are enjoying the prospect of this pompous gasbag landing in Dallas.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'm a Cowboys fan and I hate this deal. I can't stand TO.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

The worst part about T.O. is that he is so darn good.

got alil captain in u?

i am a cowboy fan first of all wvred we dont' have a lagging defense we have a very young defense bledsoe is not washed up he's just immobile and sacked alot due to line injuries at the end of the season we'll see if parcells retires mark my words the cowboys make the playoffs and make a run at the super bowl and you can qoute me on that

After seeing the contract terms (it's almost like 3, 1-year deals), I'm not as upset about the signing. They can cut him at any time and not take a big hit on the salary cap. I still can't stand the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    i am a cowboy fan first of all wvred we dont' have a lagging defense we have a very young defense bledsoe is not washed up he's just immobile and sacked alot due to line injuries at the end of the season we'll see if parcells retires mark my words the cowboys make the playoffs and make a run at the super bowl and you can qoute me on that
    I wouldn't necessarily call Scott Fujita, Gregg Ellis, and LaRoi Glover young. DeMarcus Ware and Marcus Spears are still wait and see. Terence Newman has clashed with Parcells and has not lived up to promise. The only one who is a bonafide playmaker is Roy Williams.

If you compare Kerry Collins and Drew Bledsoe, the numbers are similar. Bledsoe had a better rating, higher completion percentage, and more TD's, but also had more sacks, fumbles, and interceptions than Collins. Collins was expected to light the world on fire with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, failed to do so, and was released. What do you think the expectations will be for Bledsoe with TO?

As far as making a run at the Super Bowl, the Cowboys just switched Keyshawn with TO, this team is basically the same as last year. Considering they have the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles in the same division, they will be lucky to make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Fujita's gone. So is Glover. Newman had a much better year last year. Teams barely ever threw at his side.

But you're right. They still have a lot of holes to fill. Especially kicker. The kicking game cost them two or three games last year.

Here's a picture from the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?