Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nominate your dumbest quote so far this spring

nominate your dumbest quote so far this spring

I figured we have seen a bunch so far from some of our beloved Reds players and management and keep in mind it's still early in the season. So if you have a dumb quote go ahead and post your favorite.

"Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

This one has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile out of any manager

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: nominate your dumbest quote so far this spring

He meant to say:

"Unfortunately, some guys who didn't pitch so well for us last year are going to make the club again this year."

Jerry Narron and Tony Womack have made so many stupid quotes so far that it's hard to nominate just one.

if i see "He's a real player" again, i'm going to throw up.

"The goal is to compete this year"

I nominate Lonnie Wheeler's gem:

"The runs they scored were not win-effective."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    I figured we have seen a bunch so far from some of our beloved Reds players and management and keep in mind it's still early in the season. So if you have a dumb quote go ahead and post your favorite.

"Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

This one has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile out of any manager
    I was laughing at that one too. It will now be part of my sig line.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

From this AM's Enquirer:

"He did a great job for us last year," Narron said. "The thing I like about Shack is he wants the ball."

So does my dog. Really bad.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    either he's being traded or going on the DL instead

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Jerry Narron and Tony Womack have made so many stupid quotes so far that it's hard to nominate just one.
    it's easier and quicker just to agree with this
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

'Who cares about on base percentage" Tony Womack.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    'Who cares about on base percentage" Tony Womack.
    I second the nomination. That's like a bald guy in a barbershop saying "who cares about hair?"
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

“Proven guys, guys with track records, have their own ways to get ready, so I don’t overreact either way about how they’re doing at this part of spring training,” Krivsky said.

So what happens when it's July and their still not ready do we overreact than. Didn't Narron say you would have to earn your job nothing was set in stone. Philosophical differences?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Kory, I think he was more along the lines of Adam Dunn isnt going to be benched becuase he isnt even hitting .200, and guys like Dewayne Wise arent going to start just becuase they are hitting .400. Dont look too deep into that comment.

Yeah different rules for different players kind of like what Sparky had with Bench,Morgan,Rose,and Perez. But it just seems to me that Wayne and Narron are on different pages.

Turn Off Ads?