Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonds told Griffey

Bonds told Griffey

That he was going to start takign steroids durign the 98 season.

ESPN

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: Bonds told Girffey

Man you are quick. I just saw it on ESPN myself. It did say that it was Jr. and "3 other men". Neil Everett also stated Jr. was not the informant of this info!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Buster Olney just reported the same story on Baseball Tonight

Hope (slight) that JR doesn't get a lot of questions about this.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Hope (slight) that JR doesn't get a lot of questions about this.
    Seriously, even though he didn't do anything, I wish his name could have stayed completley out of this.

What a mess this whole steroid thing is.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

So Griffey is a man of honor who does not "tell on" other players like Canseco did. It is a part of the unwritten rules of the clubhouse. Right or wrong, it is the way things should be in the world of athletes. Unlike other players (B*O*N*D*S included), Junior seems to be a great team guy.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Good thing this isn't 1921 or Jr. would be in serious trouble.

If I weren't such a trusting person, I'd say this came out of Bonds' camp in order to deflect attention away from him and his problems. If I weren't so trusting I'd say Bonds is jealous of all the positive attention Jr. has been getting recently and is leaking this info to make Jr. look bad too. Good thing I'm such a trusting person.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I agree with Gainsville about just wishing Junior's name would stay way away from this whole story.

Now he's going to have to answer countless questions on this subject and undoubtedly will be rumored by somebody to have juiced up himself.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Re: Bonds told Griffey

Richard Skinner on 1360 homer had a similar story last week. They said Bonds told Griffey that he should be doing steroids so he could prolong his career. Griffey reportedly told him no thanks. This was reportedly from a very strong source.

is there any indication that it was griffey who told the reporter about this?

unless that's true (and griffey basically reported a private conversation in the press), i don't see how this makes griffey look bad at all. it emphasizes the contrast between the two - one decided to age naturally, one didn't.

Buster Olney said (rather pointed) that Junior was not the source of the information.
    Last edited by redsfan30; 03-14-2006 at 11:41 AM.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Just curious,would steroids make you faster,as far as bat speed is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    It would certainly help you get the bat through the hitting zone faster, as that would seem to me to be related to strength. But I have no first-hand knowledge of this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Now he's going to have to answer countless questions on this subject and undoubtedly will be rumored by somebody to have juiced up himself.
    Anyone who accuses JR of that is a complete and total idiot, I'm sure someone will of course.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    George Foster said this:
    "I'm amazed how much it improves somebody's performance. It increased hand-to-eye coordination so much that is unreal. (The playing field) isn't even anymore"

No question it makes you stronger, but it really helps your eyes follow the ball. Human Growth Hormone still isn't being checked on, by the way.

Turn Off Ads?