Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Utah State coach give kid CONVICTED OF RAPE a second chance

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Utah State coach give kid CONVICTED OF RAPE a second chance

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...06_kell15.html

And people thought Huggins players had a shady past...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-15-2006 at 03:28 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Utah State coach give kid CONVICTED OF RAPE a second chance

One less coach Nancy will be contacting.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

For a Level Playing Field

Interesting. Personally I think anyone older than 25-years-old should NOT be allowed to play college sports. For any reason.

I know we have lots of good UC followers here, but it seems as though the UC comparison is not warranted here. If this rapist does something while at Utah State, then shame on the coach and let him explain it. I cannot recall all the "incidents" while Huggs was at UC, but I am not sure that he was being held accountable for any UC players previous offenses (things that happened before the player joined UC).

I am glad to see that this guy has seemed to get better. But the NCAA needs to enforce an age rule of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Interesting. Personally I think anyone older than 25-years-old should NOT be allowed to play college sports. For any reason.
    That seems rather arbitrary.

Why would you exclude a guy who postponed college for a few years because of a military commitment? Or because of a family health emergency? Or because he accepted an offer to play pro baseball and washed out, but is still drawing interest as a football player?

What is wrong with a non-traditional student taking advantage of all the benefits a University can provide? That rule would have cost guys like Antowain Smith and Chris Weinke millions of dollars.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 03-15-2006 at 04:59 PM.

I know we have lots of good UC followers here, but it seems as though the UC comparison is not warranted here. If this rapist does something while at Utah State, then shame on the coach and let him explain it. I cannot recall all the "incidents" while Huggs was at UC, but I am not sure that he was being held accountable for any UC players previous offenses (things that happened before the player joined UC).

I am glad to see that this guy has seemed to get better. But the NCAA needs to enforce an age rule of some sort.
    I understand where you're coming from on the age limit, but I don't agree. A few years back, there was a guy that played for George Mason that was 27 or so. He had spent most of his time in the military after high school. When he left the military, he went back to school and got to play NCAA Basketball. I'll support anyone who wants to further their education and participate in sports, regardless of their age.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    I understand where you're coming from on the age limit, but I don't agree. A few years back, there was a guy that played for George Mason that was 27 or so. He had spent most of his time in the military after high school. When he left the military, he went back to school and got to play NCAA Basketball. I'll support anyone who wants to further their education and participate in sports, regardless of their age.
    So would I. Colleges and universities are full of non-traditional students. Most of them are older than the general student population. They are the exception, rather than the rule. These are unique situations and it's not like there are recruiting classes of 30 year olds coming in to these schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I didn't think they could.

I thought it was 4-5 years, up to age 25.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I didn't think they could.

I thought it was 4-5 years, up to age 25.
    Chris Weinke was 28 when he finished his playing career at FSU.

Turn Off Ads?