Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Revisiting Reds--Dodgers Trade Idea

Revisiting Reds--Dodgers Trade Idea

With the exploits of Dodgers lst baseman Heep Soo Choi against the Americans in the World Baseball Classic, I was wondering if this trade idea would work for the Reds and Dodgers.....

Reds trading Willy Mo Pena and LHP Eric Milton to LaLa Land for lst baseman Heep Soo Choi and LHP Odalis Perez.

With LF Jason Werth out indefinitely the Dodgers will be going with journeyman Jose Cruz, Jr. in LF unless their highly touted rookie Guzman can make the conversion to the outfield. Pena provides a significant upgrade over what they have now. Question remains if Perez has mended fences with the new regime of Colletti/Little. If not, then swapping him for another lefty like Milton might work. Even though Milton is a flyball pitcher, Dodger Stadium would be more suited for his style of pitching than the Great American Ballpark.

For the Reds, they shift Dunn back to LF with Choi at lst. They definitely would have power from the leftside with Griffey, Dunn and Choi to go with the righthanded power of Kearns and Encarncion. Perez would be better suited than Milton pitching in GAB.

You didn't think I would go the entire spring training without a trade proposal. Just something to talk about.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Revisiting Reds--Dodgers Trade Idea

I don't think that's too bad of a deal. The only thing that concerns me is that adding Choi makes the Reds a bit too left handed. But geting rid of Milton is addition by subtraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It just opens up LF for Guzman.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    It just opens up LF for Guzman.
    I don't think the Dodgers want to rush Guzman and want him to get more seasoning at Triple A. And, are we sure that LF is Guzman's future position? Seems to me he might be more suited in CF, especially when everyone knows Kenny Lofton is a one-year rental.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

It makes sense on paper to do this deal because all players involved are very similar. But the way Milton has been lit up this spring in limited time I just don't see anything getting done with him until he goes out and throws a few innings. Well hopefully a few innings.

We have Dunn at 1st.

Now how about Milton (Who would pitch well in Chavez Ravine) for Brad Penny.

JaredRoberts.com

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    We have Dunn at 1st.

Now how about Milton (Who would pitch well in Chavez Ravine) for Brad Penny.

JaredRoberts.com
    I would much rather see Choi @ 1B than Dunner. Dunn's played way too much LF this spring, which leads me to believe we'll see Hatteberg @ 1B on opening day, so by that logic I'd much rather see Choi @ 1B than Hatteberg. Nothing against Hatteberg, I'm sure Narron would say "he knows how to play the game" or "he's a professional hitter" or fill in the cliche quote of the day, but Hatteberg's role with this team should be first PH off the bench, IMO.

As for Eric Milton, living here in Philly this past year has taught me 1 thing about our beloved lefty.... He's not missed in the City of Brotherly Love. I'd much rather have Cory Lidle back!

I suppose I wouldn't have much of a problem with this trade. On the other hand, I can't see why Krivsky would do it. As it stands right now, Eric Milton isn't a strike against him. That was DanO's blunder. If Krivsky trades Milton and he posts better numbers in a pitcher friendly park, he gets criticism. If Perez comes here and puts up disastrous numbers, Krivsky gets the blame. If Pena develops in L.A. and Kearns flops here, Krivsky looks bad. I think you can see where I am going with this. It would be great to get rid of Milton from a fan's perspective, but from a G.M.'s perspective there is a lot to worry about at night.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?