Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments

Clemson

Apartments

Hey guys,
    I recently got offered a job in cincinnati out of college (in philly) and don't really know the area. does anyone know of any monthly apartment rentals close to the stadium/downtown area? im on a limited budget
    thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Apartments

Not much in the downtown area, and what is there is rather expensive. Most people just make the commute.

Parts of Covington and Newport are affordable and nice. Mt. Adams is great for someone younger, but can get pricey. How close to the stadium/downtown are do you want to be? I've had friends that have lived downtown at an affordable rate.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Hi Clemson!

Have you checked the apartments for rent in the Enquirere classified? http://frontier.cincinnati.com/reals...ype=4&keyword=

That might give you a 'feel' for the area.

Rem

These are the two apartment guides we can usually pick up in the grocery stores here.

http://www.forrent.com/browse/Ohio/2...cmp=KNC-Google

http://www.apartmentguide.com/states...GeoKey=1,36,73

The cost of living in downtown Cincinnati is quite a bit lower than downtown Philly. Even the 'expensive' apartments in Cincinnati are relatively cheap by Philly standards. That said, the cheapest areas within walking distance to downtown are (1) Covington KY (2) Newport KY (3) Eden Park / Walnut Hills.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

My friend lived in Covington and got his car broken into on a weekly basis. If you live there, make sure there is someplace safe to place your car.

By close, what do you mean? Are you talking about walking distance or a 10 or 15 minute drive from downtown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Personally, if I were moving to Cincinnati and I were single, which I assume you are Clemson, I would look into Clifton (Gaslight area), Hyde Park/Mt Lookout, Newport, Covington, in that order.

All are within a quick bus ride of downtown and all offer many choices among apartment buildings. You will have your choice of price ranges and all of these areas have reasonably lively night life and restaurant options.

Clifton is my favorite place in town, and I lived in all parts of the university area during the late 80's and 90's. Whenever I visit town, you can find me on Ludlow at some point, especially at the Skyline. Anyway, I don't have any specific companies to recommend, but that's my only advice; stay on the close hills or nearby in Kentucky and you will enjoy your time in Cincinnati. Get out into the burbs and it's just another mass of interstates and strip malls.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

University of Cincinnati

I live in clifton it sucks unless you want a college atmosphere (which i like come fri and sat nights), yeah theres lots of parties and things going on, but it seems like every couple of weeks someone is getting shot and every other week you hear of someone getting held up at gun point.......Hyde Park may be the best bet.......
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    My friend lived in Covington and got his car broken into on a weekly basis. If you live there, make sure there is someplace safe to place your car.
    If you are going to live within walking distance of downtown and don't have the scratch to pay for Mt. Adams, you are going to have to deal with a little petty crime.

I have had that same problem pretty much everywhere I have lived (Covington, Clifton Gaslight, Corryville, Eden Park, Walnut Hills), but have solved it by leaving my car empty and the doors unlocked (note: this assumes you have a factory stereo or one with a removable faceplate). Most car thieves are neighborhood kids looking for change, they really aren't interested in vandalizing your car. If you give them free access, they won't hurt your car.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    If you are going to live within walking distance of downtown and don't have the scratch to pay for Mt. Adams, you are going to have to deal with a little petty crime.

I have had that same problem pretty much everywhere I have lived (Covington, Clifton Gaslight, Corryville, Eden Park, Walnut Hills), but have solved it by leaving my car empty and the doors unlocked (note: this assumes you have a factory stereo or one with a removable faceplate). Most car thieves are neighborhood kids looking for change, they really aren't interested in vandalizing your car. If you give them free access, they won't hurt your car.
    so very true. I learned that trick when i lived in the hood in atlanta.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I live in clifton it sucks unless you want a college atmosphere (which i like come fri and sat nights), yeah theres lots of parties and things going on, but it seems like every couple of weeks someone is getting shot and every other week you hear of someone getting held up at gun point.......Hyde Park may be the best bet.......
    I lived in Mt. Auburn, on Riddle Road, in Clifton Heights, and worked in Coryville. It's all called "Clifton" by the unitiated. That is why I specified Gaslight, over by the Skyline, the Esquire, etc. Other than that, beb30 is correct. Still, I'd live in Clifton before moving to a burb.

And I concur completely with others here that if one lives in the city...any major city, there will be crime to contend with.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Clemson

i found a decent place on marshall ave close to UC, can anyone shed any light on thsi neighborhood?

Future Reds All Star

Marshall is a pretty good street! I lived on Ohio ave in a few different places. I really liked the street.

Turn Off Ads?