Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Special Sportstalk on 700WLW on Sunday

Special Sportstalk on 700WLW on Sunday

WLW will be airing a special Sunday night Sportstalk from 6-9pm EST. Guests scheduled include Narron, Krivsky, and Castellini! Should be good listening.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Special Sportstalk on 700WLW on Sunday

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you know if they are going to take calls from listeners?
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Don't know, it is live from Florida. Matt do you know any more details?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    WLW will be airing a special Sunday night Sportstalk from 6-9pm EST. Guests scheduled include Narron, Krivsky, and Castellini! Should be good listening.
    Thanks for the reminder LoganBuck.

I hope they take questions from callers. Furman just repeats the questions he has seen the beat writers ask.

I wish they would've taken questions from callers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    I wish they would've taken questions from callers.
    They were in a bar and don't take callers in that venue. Besides, I think they only take calls when they're in Cincinnati, unless they're at Gameday... then they don't.

Did anyone listen? I forgot about it. If yes, did they say anything we don't already know?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I caught a bit of the show when Krivsky was on. A couple of things stood out to me concerning the pitching staff. He said that Milton's season last year was an abberation. He argued that Milton was not healthy (knee) last year, and has worked hard in the offseason. Krivsky insisted that Milton would be better this season. Krivsky didn't seem to put much stock in Gosling or Germano's stats this spring. He didn't seem to be leaning towards one or the other, but said they've both had highs and lows this spring. His description of the Casey/Williams trade didn't seem to be positive, but he hinted that Williams would be in the rotation come opening day. His response to one question was that the team is constantly exploring trade opportunities to make the team better. One thing that concerned me was his frequent use of wins as a gauge of his pitchers. He did this with Claussen and Williams. Another concern was his apparent lack of knowledge concerning the farm system. He stated that he hadn't had time with only a month or so on the job. That's what I remember of the part that I heard.

edit: Krivsky also said that he was a "big Jerry Narron guy". So now we have the "baseball guy" and the "Narron guy".
    Last edited by wolfboy; 03-19-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    edit: Krivsky also said that he was a "big Jerry Narron guy". So now we have the "baseball guy" and the "Narron guy".
    I'm just going to make myself feel better by repeating "he's better then Dan O, he's better then Dan O"

Thanks Wolf
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    I'm not certain that I'm not a Jerry Narron guy - his track record is limited and I know he throw out euphemisms that drive folks here crazy, but I'd like to see a full season here to make a better judgement.

Remember, too, Krisky's only been on the job less than two months (6 weeks?) and came in much too late to have a significant impact in making this team better. Regarding the minors, it takes time to get a good feel for your whole system. We have to remember we continue at an extreem disadvantage here with the timing of the ownership transfer and the hiring of a new G.M.

I think this year will clealry be another lost year - I don't know any way short of a miracle to get past that. Let's hope the early indicators are that we're taking the right steps.

And bring your helmet to the ballpark!

Other than his discussion with Krivsky, it seemed like Furman preferred to discuss the Yankees with Narron, Chris Chambliss and Bucky Dent.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

One thing we do know. Reds games are seldom boring. No lead is safe either direction with our offense and our pitching. If we're gonna be bad, at least it isn't 1982 style where we couldn't score any runs.

Ok, that's a stretch at being optimistic, but its still March
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Narron, was his usual self. Talking about the right way to do things and that his way was tried and true. Praised Rich Aurillia once, on how great a "baseball guy" he was. EdE has impressed at cemented the 3B job for now. Overall same old stuff from Narron.

Krivsky talked about Minnesota, Kirby Puckett, and the interview process for the Reds GM job. He said this time the emphasis was on (gasp) baseball. Gene Bennet and Larry Barton were in the room. Said the process was much more indepth this time. Alot of time during the interview was spent on how he changed the personel around in the front office. He mentioned the need for pitching, and declined to comment on the Casey for Williams deal.

Turn Off Ads?