Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Justin Germano

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Justin Germano

Geez, that Randa trade looks like a bust on both sides. You think that a team other than San Diego would've wanted a 3B and would have given up more than a soft tosser who works in the high 80's and a kid who doesn't know the meaning of the word consistency. I mean, the Twins, they were interested weren't they? Cleveland? I would've loved to bring in a C.C. Sabathia. But, hey, whatever. Thanks Mr. O'Brien.

Basement-Dwelling Blogger JinAZ's Avatar

Re: Justin Germano

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Geez, that Randa trade looks like a bust on both sides. You think that a team other than San Diego would've wanted a 3B and would have given up more than a soft tosser who works in the high 80's and a kid who doesn't know the meaning of the word consistency. I mean, the Twins, they were interested weren't they? Cleveland? I would've loved to bring in a C.C. Sabathia. But, hey, whatever. Thanks Mr. O'Brien.
    Germano was the throw-in from that trade, and could still be be a #4-5 starter at some point. I'm still fairly high on him. But the main guy in that deal was Travis Chick, who despite a poor showing in Chattanooga last year projects as a #2-3 guy (from what I've read...).

I think the Randa tale (the signing and the trade) was DanO's best maneuver. Whether it turns into a payout, who knows? But to get two decent big-league pitching prospects for the obviously overachieving Randa seemed to me to be quite a feat.
    -j
    ...why he didn't also deal Aurilia at the trade deadline is beyond me...

got alil captain in u?

how can u call the trade a bust already the kid hasn't even been in the majors that long give it alil time we got travis chick he's improving germano wil be a good 4th or 5th starter someday im sure he's better than dave williams

I haven't seen one trade that O'Brien has made that even gave me a hint of warm, fuzzy feeling.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

got alil captain in u?

true true i sure am glad he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    OK, I'll bite....do you really believe that Mark Shapiro would have done anything besides give himself a hernia from laughing so hard if DOB would have floated out a Randa for Sabathia trade? We're talking about one of, if not the best GM's out there. He would have not traded Sabathia for Randa and either Kearns or Pena. Getting Germano and Chick for Randa was a good return, and Germano will be the Reds 3rd best starter in 2006 if given the opportunity with stats similiar to Aaron Harang's in 2004.

Turn Off Ads?