Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sopranos 3/19/06

Sopranos 3/19/06

What did you all think of tonight's episode? Looks like there will be a powerplay in the weeks to come. Do you think Tony will be in a coma the whole season? I have never been a big fan of the dream sequences so I hope this will not be reoccuring. Kinda like the thought of Anthony whacking Junior though!
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sopranos 3/19/06

thought tonight was a pretty good episode, just seemed like you said, to be setting up the powerplay in the weeks to come. I really hope Tony is not in the coma for the entire season.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I didn't like it much as a single episode, but it definately sets up some rolling and tumbling down the line. I'm gonna watch it again here in a bit to see if it gets better the second time.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

BOS - thats funny I find myself watching each episode atleast twice...seems like I pick up something new each time I watch it.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I enjoyed the episode -- a lot of metaphor-action going on in Tony's near death hallucination. They were playing on a whole "lost" concept with it: the wallet symbolizing "lost identity", the medical diagnosis of alzheimers being continuing the theme and lost mind, the lightouse in the window attempting to guide him back, etc. I also wondered, for a second, if he might already be in some kind of hell: stuck on the road with no picture ID to get back home and no money to stay in a hotel -- waiting for someone to return your misplaced things to you. Also an interesting look at what Tony Soprano might've been like had he not gotten involved in the mob, considering his "dream" version of himself seemed to be legit (since mob Tony would've just phoned Chris or one of the boys for cash if he lost his wallet).

As far as everything else goes, it'll be interesting to see the family start to break down without his leadership as people fight for control. I'm also sensing that AJ might be not long for this show -- just a hunch.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The show tonight really touched me... nothing else on television can come close to The Sopranos.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2006 at 03:53 AM.

My wife said that she heard that Tony was going to be in a coma for at least 4 episodes, and possibly the whole season. I'm going to be heavily disappointed if he is in the hospital the whole season, and they keep up with this dream sequence stuff.

This may sound crazy, but I'm betting that they keep him in a coma for 4-5 episides and then he dies. I'm guessing that AJ's progression toward revenge plays out and he joins the group after his father passes.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

A lot of actors can turn on the water works and overplay emotional scenes to the point of melodrama, but Edie Falco is downright scary when she really digs deep and lets loose. She showed it during her fight scenes with Tony at the end of Season 4, and she really showed it in last night's episode. Her performance was utterly amazing. You could almost feel her soul ripping apart.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A lot of actors can turn on the water works and overplay emotional scenes to the point of melodrama, but Edie Falco is downright scary when she really digs deep and lets loose. She showed it during her fight scenes with Tony at the end of Season 4, and she really showed it in last night's episode. Her performance was utterly amazing. You could almost feel her soul ripping apart.
    yeah Johnny - I'll second that. Well said! I'm thrilled to have been able to see the episode!

Thirding, Edie Falco was unbelievable in last night's episode.

AJ is becoming even less likable than I thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I was thinking as I was watching the episode - "Man, Edie just won the best actress Emmy for this year"

She is awesome as Carmella.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I was thinking as I was watching the episode - "Man, Edie just won the best actress Emmy for this year"

She is awesome as Carmella.
    I was thinking the same thing. She was outstanding last night.

So that California thing was a dream sequence? I thought that took place sometime in the future and the hospital stuff were flashbacks.

If they ever make AJ someone important in The Family, I am declaring shenanigans on David Chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21
    AJ is becoming even less likable than I thought possible.
    Agreed.

Hopefully he is this season's surprise 'whackee'.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    Agreed.

Hopefully he is this season's surprise 'whackee'.
    Maybe if Tony's still out of commission... allowing someone to whack his own son would be out of the question.

Livia tried though, hmm.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I was thinking the same thing. She was outstanding last night.

So that California thing was a dream sequence? I thought that took place sometime in the future and the hospital stuff were flashbacks.

If they ever make AJ someone important in The Family, I am declaring shenanigans on David Chase.

So you're thinking that Tony and Carm get the "witness protection" treatment at some point, or they just go into hiding on their own, and Tony becomes a terrific award-winning salesman and develops morals...like worrying about using another man's credit card? I read somewhere about it being an alternate path his life might have taken if he hadn't been born into the wrong family. But, who knows.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?