Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Sox as trade partner?

White Sox as trade partner?

I'm reading that the word from White Sox camp is that they may be in the market for some righthanded bullpen help. Dustin Hermanson is hurting and Bobby Jenks supposedly has looked terrible. Does anyone know their franchise well enough to suggest some sort of trade that sends some of our bullpen flotsam for some sort of warm body that could go more than three innings? Something in the Rick-White-for-Vlad-Nunez vein?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: White Sox as trade partner?

Their system is pretty thin now. Kenny Williams has been pretty aggressive with trading for what he thinks he needs. I read this weekend that they were planning on putting McCarthy in the pen. One guy that might be worth a look is Ray Liotta. He still has to get to AA, and his K rate did go down when he was promoted to high A, but he could be someone to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    One guy that might be worth a look is Ray Liotta. He still has to get to AA, and his K rate did go down when he was promoted to high A, but he could be someone to look for.
    Man, I loved his work in "Field of Dreams".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Man, I loved his work in "Field of Dreams".
    He has serious off the field problems. Didn't you see Goodfellas?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz
    I'm reading that the word from White Sox camp is that they may be in the market for some righthanded bullpen help. Dustin Hermanson is hurting and Bobby Jenks supposedly has looked terrible. Does anyone know their franchise well enough to suggest some sort of trade that sends some of our bullpen flotsam for some sort of warm body that could go more than three innings? Something in the Rick-White-for-Vlad-Nunez vein?
    Jenks will be fine, and from recent reports Hermanson is pitching without pain. I can't see the Sox making anymore trades before the start of the season. We've got some young talented arms in Boone Logan and Javier Lopez, who have both looked great in ST, as well as Tim Redding. We don't need anymore bullpen help as of now.

And they are putting McCarthy in the pen, that's been the plan since the day they acquired Javy Vazquez. We've got six starters, and McCarthy is the odd man out and will get his work in the bullpen with some starts here and there throughout the season.
    Last edited by chisox05; 03-23-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Split personalities too...thinks he is a cheap version of Sinatra...in "Rat Pack"
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Dave Weathers & Kent Merker make a nice twosome to match up to the White Sox for a package.

I for one would love to see them get Charles Haeger, if only because the Reds need more Knuckleballers.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...s-haeger.shtml
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 03-23-2006 at 11:43 PM.

Remember last year when the White Sox were trying to trade three minor leaguers for Jr.? Seem to recall it was a center fielder, a pitcher and a first baseman. The first baseman's name is Casey Rogowski and if the Reds could get him for Merker or Weathers I think it would be a steal. The Sox have 1st base pretty well covered at the major league level for a few years and just might trade this kid.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 03-24-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Weathers and Mercker for Rogowski and McCarthy?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Weathers and Mercker for Rogowski and McCarthy?
    McCarthy is abolutely untouchable and will not go anywhere. He's a franchise player, mark my words.

Like I said before, this is the Sox and this is the Sox bullpen, whether they struggle in the regular season or not, we shall see. But until they do, they're not going to make any trades.

You can keep dreaming that McCarthy is going anywhere, though.

One guy I'd go after would be Neil Cotts. He's really a starter stuck for now in the Sox bullpen, and slightly redundant as a bullpen lefty. If he could be pried loose, that might be a real coup for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by chisox05
    He's a franchise player, mark my words.
    Well, I think it's a little early for that, especially since I think that's definitely true for Buehrle, but I agree that there's no way he's going anywhere for at least a long time. He's one of the best young pitchers around in my opinion.

A lot of my friends think Kenny Williams is a BS GM, but I've got to say that I have huge admiration for the way the White Sox have been handling their pitchers recently. That rotation is so solid and pretty complete, and not unreasonably priced all things considered.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vermonter
    One guy I'd go after would be Neil Cotts. He's really a starter stuck for now in the Sox bullpen, and slightly redundant as a bullpen lefty. If he could be pried loose, that might be a real coup for the Reds.
    Wasn't the point of this thread for the Sox getting another lefty for the bullpen? Why would they give up a lefty to get another lefty that is not even proven. Think about these things before you say them.

And as for McCarthy being a franchise player, I definately see it. Buehrle definately will, and there's no reason they shouldn't keep McCarthy for a long time.

Wasn't the point of this thread for the Sox getting another lefty for the bullpen? Why would they give up a lefty to get another lefty that is not even proven. Think about these things before you say them.
    Original post below ...

Just sayin'
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

McCarthy is abolutely untouchable and will not go anywhere. He's a franchise player, mark my words.

Like I said before, this is the Sox and this is the Sox bullpen, whether they struggle in the regular season or not, we shall see. But until they do, they're not going to make any trades.

You can keep dreaming that McCarthy is going anywhere, though.
    Ok so what if it was Contraras rather than McCarthy in the deal?

Turn Off Ads?