Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Another rate my team thread....

Another rate my team thread....

Just had my 1st draft of the season tonight. 10 team 5x5 league.

Stats:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG

W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP

C-1B-2B-3B-SS-OF-OF-OF-UTIL

SP-SP-RP-RP-P-P-P

5 bench spots

Roster:

C - Mauer
    1B - Pujols
    1B - Helton
    1B - Morneau
    2B - Iguchi
    2B - Polanco
    3B - Blalock
    3B - Glaus
    SS - Jeter
    OF - Damon
    OF - Holliday
    OF - Wily Mo
    UTIL - Hafner

SP - Oswalt
    SP - Carpenter
    SP - Capuano
    SP - Bonderman
    SP - Lackey
    RP - Isringhausen
    RP - Turnbow
    RP - Foulke

I also am thinking about trading Pujols for ARod. I thought I was going to get ARod at the 2nd pick, but the guy picking 1st didn't show up and the computer picked ARod, and he seems to have wanted Pujols. I believe ARod is better in this 5x5 league.

Obviously, if that trade happens I will have to many 1B and 3B. I am going to try to trade that surplus to get a good OF and hopefully another closer.

I really believe Holliday will have a huge year, and I'm hoping Pena can get 30+ HR to counteract his low AVG.

Who would you try to move if the ARod/Pujols deal does happen. I am going to try to move Hafner first I believe since I believe Helton will not have another horrible 1st half.

Anyways, my 1st draft of the season. I think I got great value with some of my picks, but I also overstocked at 1B/3B and didn't get enough high end OFers and am lacking a 3rd really good closer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another rate my team thread....

A-Rod is better in that he gives you 10-15 steals a year, I would do that too. Foulke is a risk, and the bad thing about Hafner is that he only qualifies at utility, but he is a solid pick. What are some of the free agents out there?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    A-Rod is better in that he gives you 10-15 steals a year, I would do that too. Foulke is a risk, and the bad thing about Hafner is that he only qualifies at utility, but he is a solid pick. What are some of the free agents out there?
    Some FA are:

Ordonez, Drew, Luis Gonzalez, Alou, Preston Wilson.

I also dropped Morneau for Scot Shields to give me another reliever with good Ks, WHIP, and will get some wins.

See if you can't package Blalock and Foulke for a top notch closer and a good OFer. Might not be a bad idea to try and upgrade at 2B too if possible.

I am pretty sure Preston Wilson is healthy this year, and he has club options for the next at least year, if not two. He says he will make them want to pick it up. I know it's always tough to drop a Red, but Wily Mo IMO is the odd man out. Holliday is going to be solid this year in Colorado with regular playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    FYI, Pujols had 16 steals last year compared to A-Rod's 21, so the gap there is not what it used to be.

I think your OF can be improved. (I like both Holliday and Wily Mo, but both of them are not as proven as some of the guys out there)

If you keep Pujols, you can look to trade Helton to get a decent outfielder. If you trade for A-Rod, you could trade Blalock, but I don't think you will get as strong an outfielder as Helton would bring. Personally, I would try to move Helton for Lance Berkman, Andruw Jones or Grady Sizemore. (Right now I am very high on Sizemore, because I am getting ready for a Keeper League draft and I love how young he is.)

I did not realize Pujols stole 16 bases last year, but I think that may be a tad high for a guy like him. Thanks for the heads up on that interesting fact.

Turn Off Ads?