Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wily Mo's Value now

Wily Mo's Value now

David Ortiz is pretty much set at DH. Trot's still playing and Juan Gone just signed. Does anyone think Pena's value will go down now that he will possibly be playing less in the field?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wily Mo's Value now

I think it is likely
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I have the same issue in a draft already concluded.

I drafted Pena thinking he'd get 500 ABs, now that most likely isn't going to happen.

OFers on the FA list in this league:

Ordonez
    Drew
    Luis Gonzalez
    Jacque Jones
    Wilkerson
    Gibbons

Anyone think I should drop Pena for one of those guys?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I do. Gibbons is solid and has 1B and OF eligibility, he should get 500+ AB's. Obviously Drew's health is a big ? but I would take him over Wily Mo. Wilkerson's batting ave. won't be great but I would take him over Wily Mo also
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Ordonez is normally pretty good, but was hurt last year. Also, Wilkerson went from pitchers park to a hitters park, look for him to have a career year.

WMP's value took a serious nosedive. He went from almost everyday to twice a week, that's a severe hit in PT.

WMP is off my radar. Platooning hurt his development with the Reds and will continue to hurt him with the Red Sox. At this rate, the kid will be in his late 30's and we'll still be talking about his potential.

Wilkerson, Ordonez, or Jones are my picks. Ordonez plays in a pitcher's park, as does Drew (that's why I didn't mention him) but as TeamSelig said, Wilkerson could have a career year. I am going to try and draft him, that's for sure in one of my leagues.

Turn Off Ads?