Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shealy

Re: Ryan Shealy

Sounds like Shealy isn't going anywhere for the moment. Of course, O'Dowd isn't one of the worst GMs in baseball without good reason.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Cruisin' for trouble

Would you Kearns for Shealy? Colorado needs a true OF...

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    Would you Kearns for Shealy? Colorado needs a true OF...
    no

I think you try to add some one like Shealy for a package of lesser players. If you spend a 'big chip' like Kearns, serious pitching needs to be headed our way.

Cruisin' for trouble

It also depends on Kearns perceived value to the outside world. The ONLY reason I wouldn't trade Austin now is because his value is so low.

What about Denorfia straight up for Shealy? Both are a little bit older prospects who seem to be blocked by current players at their position in the big leagues (even though I say Dunn at 1b and Denorfia in LF). Colorado is looking for an OF and we could use a true 1b.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3
    What about Denorfia straight up for Shealy? Both are a little bit older prospects who seem to be blocked by current players at their position in the big leagues (even though I say Dunn at 1b and Denorfia in LF). Colorado is looking for an OF and we could use a true 1b.
    That's more in line with what I think we'd have to give up....

We may have to add on to that, but that's what I would start with...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Can he be stopped?

Whoever was thinking about offering Joe V in the trade, he's gone, and has been for a while....

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    Whoever was thinking about offering Joe V in the trade, he's gone, and has been for a while....
    Joey Votto is still a Red and has been for a while!

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    and if you were refering to Valentin.. not Valentine.. He is our back-up catcher.

How about Larue for Shealy? I hear the Rocks need a catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    How about Larue for Shealy? I hear the Rocks need a catcher.
    Too much.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Can comeone post copy and paste that Shealy article? The link won't open for me.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 03-23-2006 at 06:47 PM.

I wouldn't be comfortable with them dealing Denorfia for him.

Too many bad things can happen to Reds outfielders in a given season.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Can comeone post copy and paste that Shealy article? The link won't open for me.
    Tucson - Rockies first baseman Ryan Shealy is a hot commodity stuck on the shelf.

His sore elbow sabotaged an attempt to convert him to a part-time outfielder. And with Todd Helton entrenched at first, there's no room for Shealy on the 25-man roster.

That makes the 26-year-old slugger prime trade bait.

But the Rockies are reluctant to move Shealy. He has great character, is a tireless worker and a nifty fielder, hit .330 in 36 big-league games last season and provides protection should Helton's back flare up again.

Shealy is likely to begin the season on the disabled list or with Triple-A Colorado Springs. Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd has no immediate plans to shop Shealy but didn't rule out a future trade.

"I think it's easy to speculate that we will look at doing something with Ryan at some point and time, but not in the near future," O'Dowd said Wednesday before the Rockies' 5-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox at Tucson Electric Park. "We want to get him healthy first. And you have to get value for value; that's why we're not in any rush."

A team such as Cincinnati, with Scott Hatteberg at first base, could have a place for Shealy. Boston and Cleveland had expressed interest, but there is no fit for Shealy at this point. The Indians are happy with Ben Broussard and Eduardo Perez.
    Last edited by CincyFlip; 03-23-2006 at 08:57 PM.
    And this one belongs to the Reds

Turn Off Ads?