Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shealy

Ryan Shealy

Word is Rockies first base prospect Ryan Shealy may be available. With Pena now with the Red Sox and Dunn moving back to LF, and considering Hatteberg is horrible, the Reds should be in the market for a new 1B. Shealy is blocked by Todd Helton and the Rockies may be looking to deal him. This is a guy I think Krivsky should be targeting.

At 6-5 and 240 pounds, he reminds me of Travis Hafner. His situation is also very similar to Hafner's. Hafner was stuck behind Mark Teixeira and Rafael Palmeiro in Texas - Cleveland saw this - and acquired Hafner along with Myette for Einar Diaz and Ryan Drese.

Both had similar minor league statistics with OPS' in the 1.000 area. This is a guy I could easily see developing into a 30 homerun, .900 OPS type of major league hitter. I think he could be had relatively cheap, I'm thinking something like a Chris Denorfia+William Bergolla+maybe a Todd Coffey could get the job done. That's a deal I would jump all over and I think the Rockies would probably do it to.

Ryan Shealy player page-
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...n-shealy.shtml

By the way, props to Crash Davis for bringing Ryan Shealy up. I mentioned Hee Seop Choi and Carlos Pena as other candidates and he brought Shealy up.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 03-20-2006 at 05:15 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shealy

The Rockies want oh so badly to make this guy a RF - but they also have Brad Hawpe out there.

They also will need to find a place for Garrett Atkins if he keeps hitting. The Golden Boy Ian Stewart will be in Denver and ready to play 3B before too long.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

We should have tried to give Allan Simpson back to them instead of letting him go or using him in a 3 way with Milwaukee.

I fully agree with you, but I don't know if the Rocks would have interest in Denorfia or Bergolla. They'd probably be interested in bullpen arms like Coffey, Mercker, and Wagner, though.

I was thinking of maybe Votto (since you're trading for his replacement anyway) and Coffey for Shealy and a prospect like Tony Miller, a 25 yr old CF prospect who hit .280/.400/.461 with 26 steals in AA last year.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He doesn't sound very scrappy

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    He doesn't sound very scrappy
    And coming from the Rockies he *definitely* doesn't know how to win, so write him off.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

He's not old and bad, we don't want him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    He's not old and bad
    certainly seems to be a prerequisite when you consider the likes of Womack, Hatteberg and McCracken.

Maybe we should trade Aroyo for him!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...603200392/1050

Detroit may be looking to move Carlos Pena, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him, although he's scheduled to make 3 mill this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Az. Reds Fan
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...603200392/1050

Detroit may be looking to move Carlos Pena, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him, although he's scheduled to make 3 mill this year.

That would be like Wily Mo for Carlos not bad.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Good catch...and a RH bat too.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

sounds good , the reds do need some spare pop at first with app. Dunn going back to the garden.

An update including the Reds being mentioned.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_3630065

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

How bout these:

- Mercker, Belisle, and Valentin for Shealy

- Weathers, Olmedo, and Valentin for Shealy

Turn Off Ads?