Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say it ain't so: The Goodbye to Wily Mo thread

Say it ain't so: The Goodbye to Wily Mo thread

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread for saying goodbye to Wily Mo, you know share some memories, thoughts etc.

I'll go first:

Goodbye Wily Mo, I know you're going to a better place. When I think of you I'll always remember those dramatic home runs and how funny you sometimes looked trying to play in the outfield. I'll miss you, only PECOTA loved you more than me
    Last edited by Larkin411; 03-20-2006 at 06:46 PM.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Say it ain't so: The Goodbye to Wily Mo thread

I posted this- the world's worst poem on another thread. Maybe it belongs here more. May you "top" this

Ode to Wily Mo

Farewell Wily Mo
    Shame to see you go
    Bad contract stuck you in the Show
    You could have laid low
    Or become hooked on blow
    Intead you went with the flow
    Tried to become defensively in the know
    If you stayed your homers would have brought dough
    May greatness follow
    Unless you become an Astro.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Enjoy Kajagoogoo youv'e been a great audience.

I will forever remember going to Reds games the past 2 seasons where Wily Mo had multiple-homer games, walk-off homers, and all that. I'd like to share a couple of my favorite Mo Memories...

# 1-Bobblehead Night...wow. What a game to remember. Watched the game winning home run sail over my head into the left field bleachers.

# 2-That time he ran into the wall HARD making a catch. I was there that night also.

# 3-So many multiple home run games.

I love Wily Mo, and I will be wearing a Pena jersey forever. The Reds will forever regret this trade, no matter how Arroyo pans out.

I remember going to GAB 2 years ago for a Cardinals series, sitting with another Reds fan I met there and telling him about the young Wily Mo. As I am explaining to him his sure awesome power he yanked one out to deep left field. All I could say is that is what I am talking about. He hit another in the 7th that night, but we still lost..

I will miss watching him blossom.

Good Luck to you Wily Mo, I wish nothing but the best for you.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.. ~Homer J Simpson~

got alil captain in u?

i will miss his offense but not his bonehead strikeouts and fielding that has costs us games in teh past

Can he be stopped?

Bobblehead night was by far the most exciting Reds game I've been to... gonna miss you Wily Mo....

See ya Willy Mo - enjoy the Chunnel, the long lines at Logan, and the smell of saturated fat and bad beer that hangs on the Charles.

That wall in left? Its 315 feet to left. The wall is 37 feet high. Two things - you got to get the ball UP in the air - none of those screaming liners about 20 feet off the ground. Also, the ball plays funny tricks around Pesky Pole in Right and the wall in Left. After a few games out there, have Papi show you the nuiances of DH'ing. That's your next career.

BTW - Maybe you'll get to meet M2 or CincinnatiChili. If you ever get homesick, let them hook ya'up.

Side Note - You'll hear about the 1975 World Series in game 6. Don't worry - Bostonians still think they won the Series that year on Fisk's homerun. You know with your time in Cincy the REAL outcome of that series.

I'll tune into NESN to see Orsillo & Remy say Willy Mo Pena in two syllables or less. Good Times.

Write often. Have a good time.
    Last edited by Heath; 03-20-2006 at 07:30 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Good luck Mo, I'll miss saying "WILLLLY MOOOOOOOOOOO" in game chats
    Go Gators!

I will always remember that 498 ft. bomb he hit early last season. I remember seeing that on the sportscenter top 10 and saying WOW.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

i've like Pena for quite a while. seemed the kid had some good work ethics and was always striving to improve himself.
    unfortunately, it seemed he had always been the odd man out. i wish him great success.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Good luck Mo, I'll miss saying "WILLLLY MOOOOOOOOOOO" in game chats
    Why don't you join SOSH for that purpose. Plus, I'd kill to see you post 36,000 times on that board.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I will miss ya Wily Mo, I really will. Best of luck.

Wily Mo= Yankee killer

I will miss watching him in batting practice...he was unbelievable at times.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Turn Off Ads?