Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Going Down To Opening Day?

Who Is Going Down To Opening Day?

I'm going down (thanks to the kind offer of a ticket by my good friend, and fellow RZer, Chip), and if others are gonna be there, I'd really like to hook up with some of you at some point during the day to not only get to meet you all again; but to also express my heartfelt thanks for all that everyone has done for me and my family during our recent trials.

This is gonna be my first Opening Day ever (after being a Reds fan for 40 years), so I am excited.

Greg
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Is Going Down To Opening Day?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I'm going down (thanks to the kind offer of a ticket by my good friend, and fellow RZer, Chip), and if others are gonna be there, I'd really like to hook up with some of you at some point during the day to not only get to meet you all again; but to also express my heartfelt thanks for all that everyone has done for me and my family during our recent trials.

This is gonna be my first Opening Day ever (after being a Reds fan for 40 years), so I am excited.

Greg

Wow! Congrats on your first opening day GAC! I won't be there this year, like I told you in chat, I've got my cookout/cornhole tournment tradition to uphold on opening day. Have fun buddy! Bring em a win!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I'll be there GAC... and if you will not be at the ST Gathering on the 25th, I'll give you your care package then (either before or after the game). Will you be staying at Chip's Sunday night - or coming down Monday morning?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'll be there. It's an incredible feeling walking into the ballpark and feeling the buzz. Nothing tops it for Cincinnati sports.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'll be there too. I'll probably be downtown the whole day.

Were you all gonna be before? I'll be there, and if I get a chance to break away from the family I'll stop and say hi. I will be the guy in the Reds shirt!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    Were you all gonna be before? I'll be there, and if I get a chance to break away from the family I'll stop and say hi. I will be the guy in the Reds shirt!
    You'll be easy to spot...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I get off of work at 7AM (3rd shifter). I told Chip that I am leaving from work, which is just north of Sidney and right off of US 75, and heading straight to his place. So I should be down at Chip's around 9-9:30.

Chip is in the parade; but he also informed me that trying to find parking down there will be nearly impossible. So once I get to Chip's, I don't know what our arrangements are from there, as far as where/how we are going to find parking, etc.

Right now - since I will be down there all day, my tentative plans are to crash at Chip's. But I am playing that by ear. It really depends on how I feel afterwards (since I am a 3rd shifter, and will be up all day running on adrenaline ). I might try to drive home, but I'm not gonna take any unnecessary risks because I don't have to go into work that night. But basically once I hook up with Chip, it will be his call as to where we are gonna be, and various others plans during the day.

I will be more then happy to give you all my cell phone # if some want to try to meet during the day. PM me.
    Last edited by GAC; 03-21-2006 at 08:26 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

dbl post.

I'll be there for the first time ever this year as well.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You all have fun..it was a blast last year
    Go Gators!

I'll be there, wife and my brother-in-law in tow. We'll be staying at the Millenium Sunday night should anyone want to meet up for dinner or anything that eve or share a beer on Opening Day.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Greg,

Wanna meet Bob and me for breakfast somewhere along 75?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Wondering whether it would be cheaper to buy two tickets on EBAY or StubHub or better just to buy two tickets from a scalper that day. I don't care where I sit, I just want to get in the stadium.

I went last year, played hookie from college, with frat brother, man was it awesome. My first opening day and what an experience, Dunn homered twice to tie the game, walk off homer....I mean what a beginning that was.

Any advice from ANYONE on my first part of the post would be appreciated.

We'll be staying at the Millenium Sunday night should anyone want to meet up for dinner or anything that eve or share a beer on Opening Day.
    Talk about two things that I love.

Turn Off Ads?