Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whos next to be traded??

Whos next to be traded??

I have to ask the question b/c they have now been two good players traded in Casey and Pena.Do you guys think they are going to trade all the players that they can and rebuild from the very bottom AGAIN . I know we needed pitching very bad but what I've read from you guys on here it sounds like hes an average pitcher?? I can't say if he is or not b/c I don't know what his stats have been the last few years.I hate to see Pena go b/c I honestly thought that his potintal is going to be as high as Dunn's in the up coming future.I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.Do you guys see us trading anymore of our good players away and does this now mean that we can sign Dunn to a bigger and longer contract??
    Last edited by WVPacman; 03-21-2006 at 12:19 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Whos next to be traded??

Griffey

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Griffey

To be honest with you Griffey would have been the first one that I would have traded.The fact is that we spent way to much money for Griffey when we signed him but we did'nt know that then so we kind of dug our own selfs in a hole b/c he has'nt lived up to all the hype.Don't get me wrong I like JR and I was glad he came to play for us BUT he really has'nt done all that much for us b/c of the injurys that he has had.I thought all that time that we should have traded him to get him a freash new start with another team.We are stuck with him now thow b/c we waited to long to trade him plus his contract is so big nobody would'nt want the contract.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Griffey or Kearns but not both

I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.
    Probably couldn't have landed Kearns for Arroyo though man or they would have done it. Pena's value was higher now. I don't think this was necessarily a bad thing, I think Austin is going to have a great year finally and put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I have to ask the question b/c they have now been two good players traded in Casey and Pena.Do you guys think they are going to trade all the players that they can and rebuild from the very bottom AGAIN . I know we needed pitching very bad but what I've read from you guys on here it sounds like hes an average pitcher?? I can't say if he is or not b/c I don't know what his stats have been the last few years.I hate to see Pena go b/c I honestly thought that his potintal is going to be as high as Dunn's in the up coming future.I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.Do you guys see us trading anymore of our good players away and does this now mean that we can sign Dunn to a bigger and longer contract??
    Pena can't hit a curveball or catch a cold.

Let's hope that the next move is signing a better 1st baseman than Hatteberg. The Reds shouldn't trade Kearns, he can actually play good defense.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I don't absolutely hate seeing hatteberg at 1b...he has always been an above average fielder...can hit decent...so, we could be in worse shape...What about Votto? Is he on the radar with the MLB team?

As for who will be moved next?

I think Junior or Freel...Kearns really doesn't have any value to bring us a quality young arm or a potential ace like Freel and Junior.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Players I think have a chance to be traded this year:

Freel
    LaRue
    Griffey
    Weathers
    Mercker
    Kearns
    Denorfia
    Aurilia

Not saying that all will be traded, but I think those guys have the best chance of being traded, and that's the order of highest to least chance, IMO.
    Also of note, I think all players are available, but some like Dunn, Lopez, Harang, and Claussen will have a hard time reaching that "what we expect to get for them vs. what you're willing to give us"
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I don't absolutely hate seeing hatteberg at 1b...he has always been an above average fielder.
    at 1b he has always been below average. He was only a starter at 1st since 2002. FRAA in 03 was -12 in 04 was -14 and 05 was -5(limited to 49 games) because the A's gave his 1b job to Dan Johnson.

..can hit decent..
    he was always well below average for a 1b and at 36 his skills are in rapid decline and PECOTA pegs him for a negative VORP(-4.0) in 2006. Valentin would be a better option at 1st(and still not a good one).
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I predict Bobby Basham will be the next one traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    I predict Bobby Basham will be the next one traded.
    Wow you must have ESP - N
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...1/c1357919.jsp
    Reds acquire catcher David Ross
    03/21/2006 12:53 PM ET
    MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds today acquired C David Ross from the San Diego Padres in exchange for RHP Bobby Basham.
    Ross, 29, has spent parts of the last four seasons in the majors with Los Angeles (2002-04), Pittsburgh (2005) and San Diego (2005). Last season with the Pirates and Padres, he batted a combined .240 with 3 HR and 15 RBI in 51 games.

He was batting .529 (9-for-17) with 3 HR and 7 RBI for the Padres this spring.

Basham, 26, was selected by the Reds in the seventh round of the 2001 First-Year Player Draft. He went 22-22 with a 3.55 ERA in 57 starts over four minor-league seasons.

To make room for Ross on the 40-man roster, RHP Jason Standridge was designated for assignment. Standridge was 0-0 with an 11.57 ERA in 7 relief appearances for the Reds this spring.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

With recent news...LaRue or Valentin?

[QUOTE He was batting .529 (9-for-17) with 3 HR and 7 RBI for the Padres this spring.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE With recent news...LaRue or Valentin? [QUOTE]

Could be that the acquisition of Ross frees Valentin up for more 1B PT>

With the trend toward putting old guys in spots young guys could play, I'd say Dunn

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?