Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Milton and Wilson contracts

Milton and Wilson contracts

http://www.mlb4u.com/cin.html

Eric Milton: signed 3-year deal thru 2007 season on 12/27/04- he receives a 4M signing bonus and salaries of 4M in 2005, 8.5M in 2006 and 9M in 2007- + he can opt out of the deal following the 2006 season and become a free agent Agent: Casey Close Service Time: 7.000

What are the chances that the Reds could convince Milton to opt out of his contract at the end of this year?

Paul Wilson: signed 2-year deal worth 8.2M thru 2006 season on 11/30/04- he will make 3.6M in 2005 and 3.75M in 2006- + the deal includes a Team option for 2007 worth 3.75M- + the option value can rise up to 4M to 5.15M based on IP combined in 2005 and 2006- + the option buyout for 2007 is worth 850K- + the option can become guaranteed at 4M with 180IP in 2006, and the guaranteed value would increase with more innings pitched Agents: Hendricks Bros. Service Time: 7.006

I really hope the Reds plan on buying out the option year on Wilson after this season.

If the Reds can rid themselves of Milton and Wilson after this season, they could add to a rotation of Harang, Arroyo and Claussen and hopefully build a strong starting staff. I don't know if Bailey will be ready by 2007, or if his ETA might be more likely for 2008, but the mere fact of being rid of Milton and Wilson's contracts after this season, or even the chance of it happening is addition by subtraction.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton and Wilson contracts

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    What are the chances that the Reds could convince Milton to opt out of his contract at the end of this year?
    Same as me winning the powerball
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Same as me winning the powerball
    How many tickets did you buy? I'll try and figure out the percentages.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    How many tickets did you buy? I'll try and figure out the percentages.
    None
    Go Gators!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I am just picturing the meeting with Milton and Close called by Krivsky as they both bust out laughing and Krivsky has this serious look on his face. Then they get all serious, take a drink of water, and proceed to blow it out their noses, unable to contain the laughter. Eventually all three end up doubled over, do a little back slapping, and head out for drinks.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?