Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with Denorfia???

Re: What's wrong with Denorfia???

He has options. That's what is wrong with him.

And Freel not making the team isn't an option.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    2B Freel
    SS Lopez
    1B Dunn
    LF Griffey
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Kearns
    CF Denorfia
    C LaRue

Please.

Please.

PLEASE!!
    It just seems too easy doesn't it? Too bad the folks who's jobs it is to figure this out, can't

Freel not make the team? the Reds are stupid enough not to start him, but they aren't that dumb.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    It just seems too easy doesn't it? Too bad the folks who's jobs it is to figure this out, can't
    AMEN.

Something here doesn't seem right. Everyone knows the lineup and Defense would be better with Freel or Denorfia in Left, but now we hear that Dunn is going back to Left and we are going to piece together 1B.

I have to think Dunn went to management and told them to get him back in the outfield. Their is no other possible reason Not to play either Freel or Denorfia everyday.

My lineup
    Freel LF
    Lopez SS
    Griffey CF
    Dunn 1B
    Kearns RF
    Rich 2B
    Ed E 3B
    Larue C

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio
    When he plays everyday, he gets hurt, run down etc and misses a lot of time; and as somebody else has said it looks like they don't want him near 2nd.
    Funny, the same could be said of Wily Mo, Junior or AK.

As far as Freel not making the team...that is not even within the realm of possibility.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmlx9
    Look at Denorfia. He's a stick figure. He can't handle the MLB. He's hitting
    .250 in SPRING TRAINING. Come on.
    Yes, he should be OPSing 1.500 like Encarnacion is. COME ON.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    It is. And it's got to be confusing for Dunn, who has spent the past several months working on his first base skills, and suddenly finds himself thrust back into LF.

It is these kinds of moves that make the organization look completely incompetent. I have no problems trading Pena for Arroyo if it's part of an overall plan. But guys like Hatteberg and Womack aren't part of any long term plan, we gain no value from them appearing in the lineup on a daily basis. I'll say it again--it just doesn't make sense. Almost makes me think there's some other trade in the works. The situation on the right side of the infield is just too bizarre.
    I agree. The Reds are not going to the World Series in 2006. I want to win, and win now, but the Reds should be looking at guys who may help them win both now and in 2007 and 2008. In Arroyo, Harang and Claussen they now have three starting pitchers who should be able to help them win in 2007-08. In Dunn, Lopez and perhaps Kearns they have three bats who can help them win in 2007-08. Guys such as Womack, Aurilia and Hatteberg are maginal at best to the Reds winning this year, and cannot be expected to be of any help at all in 2007-08. The Reds should be playing guys such as Denorfia and EE, guys who can help them win both now and two seasons from now.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio

I think Kata makes the team becasue he is only viable backup shortstop and can also play 2nd and third. Aurilia is back up at 3rd, 2nd and 1st.

Aurilia was the Opening Day SS as recently as last year. He is definitely a viable backup SS. I don't see what Kata contributes that we don't already have covered somewhere else.

Aurilia has only played first base once in his ten yr major league career. It might get scary with him out there.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    Aurilia has only played first base once in his ten yr major league career. It might get scary with him out there.
    That's one thing I'm not worried about. If you can play any other infield position, you can play first.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    It's a little scary with Aurillia out there period!

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22
    It's a little scary with Aurillia out there period!
    How bout an infield of Hatteberg, Womack and Aurilia?

Terror doesn't come close.
    Go Gators!

I think the Hatteberg-Randa comparison is pretty accurate. Neither were long-term answers, and the club knows that. Hatteberg will give them solid, if unspectacluar, defense at first and production at the plate. I'd say he's comparable to Sean Casey at a fraction of the cost. I expect his home run numbers to go up a little based on the park he's playing in as opposed to playing in Oakland.

He is what he is, and hardly worth the moaning we've seen on the subject. Teams field guys like Hatteberg all the time. They're temporary until they can find a more permanent solution. Believe it or not, the fact that Krivsky hasn't instantly turned this into a team stocked with long-term answers at every position and a wealth of prospects isn't an indictment of his abilities. The fact that he added a legitimate major league starting pitcher under cost control for the next three seasons and hasn't touched the core of the team tells me he's off to a pretty good start.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic
    Hatteberg will give them ... production at the plate.
    There's little reason to believe that. His projected VORP for 2006 is negative(-4.0) which means he offense is likely worthless. His 2005 VORP was -3.6

Any other option the Reds could think of will likely be better than Hatteberg.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Turn Off Ads?