Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the mods/owners here

Re: To the mods/owners here

Next time it comes up: Rip your shirt off and flex and ask out loud, "Whatcha ya gonna do when the largest arms in the world and Hulkamania destroys you?."

People just quietly tiptoe away when I do it, espesially in the work place and the Krispy Kreme. Maybe it has the same effect on annoying message board pop up messages?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21
    I'm not really sure why it bothers you, it's just a little suggestion to contribute something after you've been away for a while.
    Like I said, if I feel I have nothing to contribute at the time, why should I post something? Just to get rid of the utterly annoying message?

and it's not a question of being away for a while, I usually come here once a day to see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    It should say :

Hi Michael Allred. Did you know that Queen w/ Paul Rodgers has been showing on many PBS stations this month?

How do you feel about Queen playing Bad Company songs?

Personally we don't approve, but that's just "us".

Troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    It's to encourage people to post and be more active, just ignore the message if you don't want to post.
    It'd be easier to ignore if it weren't smack dab at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    I saw them on RAVEHD on the DishNetwork Voom channel. In high def and 5.1. I was skeptical, but I thought it actually worked for them. I kind of liked it.
    Cool, glad to hear it. I think they played Cleveland the other night. I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow for my little bit of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I notice that message came up after was out for a while in Maui.

I personally liked it. Like a warm blanket welcoming me home. Or something like that.

But with this message Michael, you've now disabled it.

All fixed.
    Until a week from now when it's back again, bugging me to post.

I kinda see the message as symbolic of that ever-concerned neighbor who gently raps on your door when the newspapers are piling up on the stoop and the acrid smell of death is wafting from your apartment.

For what it's worth, I like it when someone checks on me if my porch light has been on for more than twelve hours. Keep up the good work, mods!

I kinda see the message as symbolic of that ever-concerned neighbor who gently raps on your door when the newspapers are piling up on the stoop and the acrid smell of death is wafting from your apartment.
    I know of an instance when the dog ate the hand of the deceased, mmmmm hand.

Maybe this can be the /dev/null that one can post to in order to keep the annoying messages away.

The bit bucket that collects all the dead bits.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

So in posting a message here, you have basically fell for the point of the email.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I know of an instance when the dog ate the hand of the deceased, mmmmm hand.
    Whaa? I thought we and dogs had a deal!!!

NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU...

Oh wait...this just in front the dog union....they would like to add a resolution to their indentured companion services contract modifying the language slightly.

"NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU......unless said hand has become stricken with rigormortis and, thus, physically unable to feed you. Subsequent to this unthinkable scenario:

1) close your eyes
    2) think of Snausages
    3) begin gnawing on your former master."

Well, it appears that everything is in order with the whole "hand-eating incident." My apologies to the canine population worldwide.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 03-23-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Turn Off Ads?