Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
Why do we need to bring back O'Brien? It's like he never left.

Wait. Strike that. My bad. At least O'Brien gave up only Dustin Moseley to acquire a low K rate, below-average defense independent run value fly ball pitcher.

Awful, awful trade.
Something absolutely had to give. If this team came north with the 5 man rotation it had penciled in from the start of spring training (figuring on Gosling/Germano/Wilson 5th man), there was a good chance of the team hitting the 100 loss plateau. Krivsky had to make a trade here, if for no other reason than to at least give the ballclub a fighting chance at keeping the losses under control. Given what we know about R-Cast, I wouldn't be surprised if the edict to "improve the pitching, now" came directly from the top.

I'm reserving judgment on this trade until I see how Arroyo deals with pitching in GABP and how he adjsuts to being in the National League. The numbers don't look favorable, but I can't help but drinking a bit of kool-aid at the thought of potentially not having to watch Paul Wilson or Mike Gosling take the ball every 5 days.

I suppose this means Kearns will stick around now -- somebdoy has made the determination that they still feel Kearns to have the better upside than Pena.