Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

Unless this SHOCK Wears off in a few days... it prolly will

but im prolly a REd sox fan now.

Atleast thier Front office is smart enough to see a Kid holding Candy and STEAL IT!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry WMP.........gonna mis you.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    they will be more than offset by Hatteberg who is a 25 run deficit from the Casey of 2005.
    And oh how we all were lamenting Casey last year.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I did because I felt that the Reds with Pena+Kearns full time would produce better at less of a cost than Pena/Kearns + Casey.

I thought it really was the best they could get for Casey and Williams as a #5 would be just that, a #5 starter.

After today, its a bit different, because your lineup now has Kearns + Hatteberg....and Arroyo doesnt make up for that.
    This is the kind of cluster-messup that resutls with 2 different owners and 2 different GMs in the span of 4 months.

This team would now be better off having NOT made the Casey trade, since Williams could be bumped to the 'pen by this move and Hatteberg will, in all likelihood, be manning 1st instead of Dunn.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

The problem isn't Arroyo. The problem is they are going to have two loads of dung(who have no reason even being on a roster, much less starting) manning 1b and 2b. Nobody seems to know where the smell is coming from.
    If the presumption is that we'll stop here, then I can see that. But for what it's worth, I'd be surprised if either of those two is a regular for long. Womack will play his way to a DFA; Hatteberg wasn't signed to be the starter and first base is the easiest position to scrape up a cheap bat.

The real question here is, why Dunn back to LF? The reason for moving Dunn to first base wasn't a consensus opinion that he'd play first better than he'd play left, it was because we needed him to move so both Pena and Kearns could play. That reason's gone now. So if Dunn's a better left fielder than first baseman, shouldn't he play there? Krivsky values defense, we know that. I'm just speculating here, but if part of the long-term plan is to stop using the square pegs/round holes approach to defense, that may not be a bad thing. Although it means we'll get to watch Scott Hatteberg only sort of hit for now.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I am heartbroken.

I hate this trade. I am heartbroken. I am wounded. Wily Mo was the reason I could watch the Reds over the last couple of years without vomitting. Everyone acts like his D is so bad and he strikes out too much. I call BS. Dunn is worse in the field IMHO. He doesn't have the speed or the arm Wily Mo has and he also strikes out more than ANYONE. Pena could carry the team when he was hot. And he usually had too, since everyone else was injured or busy sucking like Kearns. I couldn't wait to see him get a full season in without worring about being benched and with JR and Dunn in the same lineup. Remember how the guy came up with a messed up contract and we could send him down. He had to learn without playing as much as he could but when he got his chance he started to shine. I truely believe that his career will be great. And I will miss him. I will miss the MAMMOTH homers that could make me smile during a lot. I will never forget him for what he gave me, my best Reds memory. I was there on his bobblehead night when he hit a monster game winning homer, 2 days back from the DL.

I can understand we need pitching, but we did need his bat. Everyone talks about how he is not "proven". Someone show me how "proven" Kearns is. Someone tell me how much power will be there if Griffey goes down again. I would rather trade Dunn for a TRUE BIG name pitcher and roll the dice with Wily Mo. Don't get me wrong, I like Dunn, love Jr, and I enjoy watching Kearns sometimes. But I thought this was one of the reasons we traded Casey. That trade took a little piece of me when it happened, but it made sense to me. They needed the $$ and it cleared a spot for Kearns/Wily Mo to play everyday. I could deal with it. I could deal with a JR. trade, possibly in the same way. A Dunn deal, I would understand if we got an ace. But now I'm heart broken. Does it make the Reds a better team? Maybe, maybe not. Will Wily Mo reach his potential? I hope so, but I wish he could have tried to do it here. He was like a lottery ticket with the first 2 numbers matching. He gave me hope, something to dream about. Something to look foward to. I am still in shock and almost feel like crying. It seems like everytime someone becomes special to me or seems to enjoy playing in Cincinnati we trade them. Aaron Boone, Dimitri Young, Sean Casey, Chris Reitsma, and you could almost put Joe Randa in that category. Anyway, today is a sad day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Bronson isn't even a starter. Please don't tell me we traded Wily Mo for an average 'closer'
    A closer? Where are you getting that from?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

but im prolly a REd sox fan now.

sorry to see you go to the other side

Re: it amazes me

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    Is this the congrgation at the Church of Our Lady of perpetual 90 loss Seasons?

Im a fan regardless,whether they win 90 or lose 90. And I will preach my loyalty to this team until my last breath for that is what it is to be a fan.
    Right on Kory! Good attitude to have, make no mind of some members making fun of you for it, some of them thrive on misery.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    gO rEdz
    Not cool at all, come on...let the fan be optimistic.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    And oh how we all were lamenting Casey last year.
    I take it all back. he is an MVP candidate compared to Hatteberg.

I wish I were an Oakland A's or Cleveland Indians fan right now. Wonder what it feels like to have a bunch of great young hitters and pitchers and a great farm system led by a great front office? Those two organizations have it made in the shade right now.

Seriously, if I were Bob Castinelli, I would give Chris Antonetti a call and offer him a ridiculous contract to become the Reds GM.

Re: I am heartbroken.

Has Kearns shown the ability to stay healthy for an entire season surely not, however it has been proven that he strikes out far less and is a much better fielder than Pena.

man i dunno... ill die a Reds fan i know this.. but DANG............

WMP FOR THAT???????????????

Potential to be an ALL-STAR for several SEasons once he developes a bit more and we send him off for a what??????

Money? lol

Arroyo wont win 10 games for us EVER.. if he does it still wasnt worth WMP.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Re: I am heartbroken.

I'm not going to argue any of these points whether they are right or wrong. But I am upset about it too. He made the Reds 'watchable' (when he was batting). My best memories from last year other than opening day were WMP homeruns (that are still flying). And actually the best defensive play I've ever seen live was a play by WMP two years ago robbing Pujols of a HR in center field. I loved the guy, but in baseball, you can't let your passion for a player stand in the way.

I would have traded him if the right guy came along (don't think it was arroyo). He certainly hit the furthest HR's I've seen.

I take it all back. he is an MVP candidate compared to Hatteberg.

Oh I know. I think people are now starting to realize what implications this trade has had. Now, If Hatteberg doesn't man 1st for more than April, I might can live with this. But OMG the right side of the infield is a black hole.

I just hope Arroyo doesnt come here and do what Milton did last year.

Turn Off Ads?