Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 452

Thread: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

  1. #421
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    I really like this move by the Reds. Arroyo gives us 3 quality arms in our rotation. Nothing special but atleast they can get some guys out. I definitly see this move helping the Reds in the future. 2006 is a lost cause already, but give krivsky all of next years offseason to bring in a good pitcher and possibly add Bailey and we actually will have a rotation worth competing with. This team needs quality arms and that's what arroyo is at a very reasonable price. If Arroyo can give the reds offense 20 quality starts then that'll equal about 15 wins for the Reds. Nothing flashy, but i'll take it.

    But I definitly think the Reds need to go young this year. Denorfia needs to start in the outfield 2 out of every 3 days with Freel taking the other day. Begiolla (sp) should start every 2 out of 3 days with Freel taking that extra day, and Ede needs to start 150+ games this year. We're going to suck so lets suck while getting some young guys experiance

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #422
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Boston fans.....

    Get ready for an adventure.

    He's strong, he's frustrating, he's big, and he's funny.

    Should make for a hit in Beantown.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  4. #423
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,753

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    I really like this move by the Reds. Arroyo gives us 3 quality arms in our rotation. Nothing special but atleast they can get some guys out. I definitly see this move helping the Reds in the future. 2006 is a lost cause already, but give krivsky all of next years offseason to bring in a good pitcher and possibly add Bailey and we actually will have a rotation worth competing with. This team needs quality arms and that's what arroyo is at a very reasonable price. If Arroyo can give the reds offense 20 quality starts then that'll equal about 15 wins for the Reds. Nothing flashy, but i'll take it.

    But I definitly think the Reds need to go young this year. Denorfia needs to start in the outfield 2 out of every 3 days with Freel taking the other day. Begiolla (sp) should start every 2 out of 3 days with Freel taking that extra day, and Ede needs to start 150+ games this year. We're going to suck so lets suck while getting some young guys experiance
    I'd be happy if Denofria got some playing time, but bergolla can't hit and has no business on a major league roster.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  5. #424
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Pedro, you're probably right, but if we are going to lose then lets lose young. If we do win in the future it will be without aurillia and womack. So why play them now? Just my opinion. Bergolla was the best minor league infielder I could think of worth giving a shot.

  6. #425
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,719

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    but bergolla can't hit and has no business on a major league roster.
    Neither can or does Womack
    Go Gators!

  7. #426
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,092

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Neither can or does Womack
    No, but Womack's mustache does.

  8. #427
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,753

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    Pedro, you're probably right, but if we are going to lose then lets lose young. If we do win in the future it will be without aurillia and womack. So why play them now? Just my opinion. Bergolla was the best minor league infielder I could think of worth giving a shot.
    I'd rather see Freel in there myself.

    Denofria has more upside than Bergolla IMO. Give him the AB's.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  9. #428
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Bergolla wouldn't be taking at bats away from denorfia.

    All I am saying is let's give some guys a shot that are younger. I can only take so much of womack and aurillia, and want to get guys ready for the years to come.

  10. #429
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,753

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    Bergolla wouldn't be taking at bats away from denorfia.

    All I am saying is let's give some guys a shot that are younger. I can only take so much of womack and aurillia, and want to get guys ready for the years to come.
    what about Freel? certainly he deserves the AB's more than Bergolla.

    Check out Bergolla's Minor League numbers. Aside from BA, they are really pretty sad.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  11. #430
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Freel is definitly a guy that needs to get atbats, but I don't see him as an everyday 2B. I like having Freel being available to play anywhere. I think that makes him all the more valuable to the team.

  12. #431
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    Freel is definitly a guy that needs to get atbats, but I don't see him as an everyday 2B. I like having Freel being available to play anywhere. I think that makes him all the more valuable to the team.
    Welcome to the board, Mgr. Narron.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  13. #432
    Member Wheelhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,926

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    My impression: I hate trading Wily Mo, but the fact is, if Krivsky is the GM, the Reds will be more a defense and pitching oriented team. The Reds still have plenty of power, and their pitching and defense is improved. Wily may go on to hit many home runs, but he was never going to be top of the line defensively ( or baserunning). We are seeing the cast of the new Reds: more solid pitching, and more defense. It stings, but I like Krivsky and I have to go for this. For now...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

  14. #433
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    771

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    I know im gonna get it for this, but do you all really think we are that far from A winner. We played the second half of the year at .500, led the nl in runs, added two good pitchers to replace Ortiz 5.36, and Hudson 6.38. The Cubs are hurtin, the cardinals havn't done much in the way of improving, the pirates and Brewers still have a way to go in my eyes and last but not least it looks like the Rocket has left the Astros. So maybe im nuts but I dont think it's time to shuffle in the youngins quite yet. Give em a chance to prove they are as bad as you think. And as for what I think about the Pena trade, we scored a lot of runs when he was out of the line-up last year we can do it again this year, only this time Ortiz and Hudson won't be around to keep the other team in it.

  15. #434
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Where has anyone from the Reds said that Tony Womack will be the everyday second baseman?

    I've always liked Bronson Arroyo, and have clamored for the Reds to get him for two years now. I've seen him pitch on TV about 8 times, and every game I've seen him pitch in he's been dominant.

    Also, how many other Cincinnati Reds have a rock album? http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...322067,00.html

    If you still don't like the deal, check out this photo. That is Pile O'Cash sitting on Arroyo's lap.



    One more thing. The last Cincinnati Red first baseman to hit 30 or more homeruns was Lee May in 1971.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  16. #435
    Member Gainesville Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,168

    Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

    Ahh yes, the fringe benefits that come with being a professional athlete. Or a rock star. Or both.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25