Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

Re: Trade: Wily Mo to Red Sox

I really like this move by the Reds. Arroyo gives us 3 quality arms in our rotation. Nothing special but atleast they can get some guys out. I definitly see this move helping the Reds in the future. 2006 is a lost cause already, but give krivsky all of next years offseason to bring in a good pitcher and possibly add Bailey and we actually will have a rotation worth competing with. This team needs quality arms and that's what arroyo is at a very reasonable price. If Arroyo can give the reds offense 20 quality starts then that'll equal about 15 wins for the Reds. Nothing flashy, but i'll take it.

But I definitly think the Reds need to go young this year. Denorfia needs to start in the outfield 2 out of every 3 days with Freel taking the other day. Begiolla (sp) should start every 2 out of 3 days with Freel taking that extra day, and Ede needs to start 150+ games this year. We're going to suck so lets suck while getting some young guys experiance

2. Turn Off Ads?

Boston fans.....

Get ready for an adventure.

He's strong, he's frustrating, he's big, and he's funny.

Should make for a hit in Beantown.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    I really like this move by the Reds. Arroyo gives us 3 quality arms in our rotation. Nothing special but atleast they can get some guys out. I definitly see this move helping the Reds in the future. 2006 is a lost cause already, but give krivsky all of next years offseason to bring in a good pitcher and possibly add Bailey and we actually will have a rotation worth competing with. This team needs quality arms and that's what arroyo is at a very reasonable price. If Arroyo can give the reds offense 20 quality starts then that'll equal about 15 wins for the Reds. Nothing flashy, but i'll take it.

But I definitly think the Reds need to go young this year. Denorfia needs to start in the outfield 2 out of every 3 days with Freel taking the other day. Begiolla (sp) should start every 2 out of 3 days with Freel taking that extra day, and Ede needs to start 150+ games this year. We're going to suck so lets suck while getting some young guys experiance
    I'd be happy if Denofria got some playing time, but bergolla can't hit and has no business on a major league roster.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Pedro, you're probably right, but if we are going to lose then lets lose young. If we do win in the future it will be without aurillia and womack. So why play them now? Just my opinion. Bergolla was the best minor league infielder I could think of worth giving a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    but bergolla can't hit and has no business on a major league roster.
    Neither can or does Womack
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Neither can or does Womack
    No, but Womack's mustache does.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Pedro, you're probably right, but if we are going to lose then lets lose young. If we do win in the future it will be without aurillia and womack. So why play them now? Just my opinion. Bergolla was the best minor league infielder I could think of worth giving a shot.
    I'd rather see Freel in there myself.

Denofria has more upside than Bergolla IMO. Give him the AB's.

Bergolla wouldn't be taking at bats away from denorfia.

All I am saying is let's give some guys a shot that are younger. I can only take so much of womack and aurillia, and want to get guys ready for the years to come.

Bergolla wouldn't be taking at bats away from denorfia.

All I am saying is let's give some guys a shot that are younger. I can only take so much of womack and aurillia, and want to get guys ready for the years to come.
    what about Freel? certainly he deserves the AB's more than Bergolla.

Check out Bergolla's Minor League numbers. Aside from BA, they are really pretty sad.

Freel is definitly a guy that needs to get atbats, but I don't see him as an everyday 2B. I like having Freel being available to play anywhere. I think that makes him all the more valuable to the team.

Freel is definitly a guy that needs to get atbats, but I don't see him as an everyday 2B. I like having Freel being available to play anywhere. I think that makes him all the more valuable to the team.
    Welcome to the board, Mgr. Narron.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

My impression: I hate trading Wily Mo, but the fact is, if Krivsky is the GM, the Reds will be more a defense and pitching oriented team. The Reds still have plenty of power, and their pitching and defense is improved. Wily may go on to hit many home runs, but he was never going to be top of the line defensively ( or baserunning). We are seeing the cast of the new Reds: more solid pitching, and more defense. It stings, but I like Krivsky and I have to go for this. For now...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I know im gonna get it for this, but do you all really think we are that far from A winner. We played the second half of the year at .500, led the nl in runs, added two good pitchers to replace Ortiz 5.36, and Hudson 6.38. The Cubs are hurtin, the cardinals havn't done much in the way of improving, the pirates and Brewers still have a way to go in my eyes and last but not least it looks like the Rocket has left the Astros. So maybe im nuts but I dont think it's time to shuffle in the youngins quite yet. Give em a chance to prove they are as bad as you think. And as for what I think about the Pena trade, we scored a lot of runs when he was out of the line-up last year we can do it again this year, only this time Ortiz and Hudson won't be around to keep the other team in it.

Where has anyone from the Reds said that Tony Womack will be the everyday second baseman?

I've always liked Bronson Arroyo, and have clamored for the Reds to get him for two years now. I've seen him pitch on TV about 8 times, and every game I've seen him pitch in he's been dominant.

Also, how many other Cincinnati Reds have a rock album? http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...322067,00.html

If you still don't like the deal, check out this photo. That is Pile O'Cash sitting on Arroyo's lap.

One more thing. The last Cincinnati Red first baseman to hit 30 or more homeruns was Lee May in 1971.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Ahh yes, the fringe benefits that come with being a professional athlete. Or a rock star. Or both.

Turn Off Ads?