Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog:The Bounty Hunter

Dog:The Bounty Hunter

Anybody seen this show? The season premier is tonight. Sad thing is, I know a guy who looks like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Dog:The Bounty Hunter

Yea, the show is a joke. Mr. Mullet running around with his can of mace; he's going to get blown away one of these days.

I saw on the preview him yelling "He's packing and he's got 2 clips!". I guess Mr. Professional missed the fact handguns don't use clips. Bah, just my ex-law enforcement bitterness kicking in.

I think the show's hilarious. I like it. It's kinda like watching a train wreck...you just can't turn away.

It's predictable--same thing happens every week...chase the bad guys, cuss at the bad guys, threaten them, catch them, buckle them with seatbelts into your minivan, give them a lecture on life and all the lessons you've learned, get emotional and sentimental with them, give them a hug, turn them over to the authorities.

It's must-see TV, man!

Here's a bit of a paradox that seems to happen every week on the show: red-neck, cig-smokin', mullet-boy Dog circles his team up for prayer before a hunt. They pray for safety, success, etc. in Jesus' name and then they go and cuss people out.

It's a real hoot.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I feel the same way about it that max described. When I see a marathon is on, and I'm going to be up all night, I have a hard time tearing myself away.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

For a Level Playing Field

Put me on the list with sava & max. When the show first came on I thought it was ridiculous. After awhile I found myself becoming more-and-more interested in it (partly b/c there is nothing better to watch). And there I was last night watching it from 8:00 - 10:00 an the A&E channel.

My wife, during commercial breaks from her reality TV love affair, will pop in my den and make comments. She thinks Beth, the Dog's wife, is out-of-hand with her "body" and her mouth. Last night I told the wife that they are good people b/c they capture wanted fugitives. She said that she knows that, but just can't get the thought of trailor trash out of her mind whether they are showing the ice-head criminals or the bounty hunters.

Like R4Life, I wonder if someday I will hear or read about the Dog getting shot and killed. I have always thought the same about Steve Irwin too (the Crocidile Hunter)!

How long before they do DOG: THE MOVIE?
    Last edited by max venable; 03-22-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

It's simply the best show on TV.

I would rather listen to a tape recording of fingernails on a chalkboard in a Sony Walkman

I watched simply so I could see how much weight Beth has gained and how much more skin she will show this year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

It's not even the best "bounty hunter" reality TV show. That honor should go to "Family Bonds" on HBO.

Dear God...what have I become?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Dog is pretty built for his age though. Wouldnt mess with him. How can you not laugh at that thing he calls a hair style.

They showed the lost pilot yesterday and his hair was shouler length and Beth was only around 200 lbs...LOL... I think each boob weighs that now. It had to be 2 or 3 years ago

Dog still has that weak tuft thing going on top... how does one even master that geyser looking style?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Dog is pretty built for his age though. Wouldnt mess with him.
    He looks impressive on film, until you realize he is a Tom Cruise sized wee lad. Dog Chapman is only 5'7" or so (not counting the pompadour), and his son Leland is probably an inch shorter than that. With that tiny frame, it doesn't take a whole lot of mass to look huge. I'd be surprised if he tips the scales at much more than 185 pounds, and Leland probably weighs in at 155.

Leland is pretty cool though, definately my favorite guy on the show.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Leland is pretty cool though, definately my favorite guy on the show.
    Yeah, I definitely like Leland, in spite of the fact that he has inherited his father's penchant for bad hairstyles. He seems ridiculously laid back and has absorbed more of the native Hawaiian lifestyle/attitude rather than the white trash approach preferred by dear old dad.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Tom Cruise is a total wuss. I think Dog could take care of a few folks slightly taller than him. Cruise would lose to a girl.

Just because he is laughably white trash, doesnt mean he couldnt whip some arse.

But I do like Leland... He seems like he just takes 'r easy and goes along.

Turn Off Ads?