Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95

Thread: Teacher's sex charges dropped

  1. #61
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    One of my high school teachers (the assistance wrestling coach) had an affair with a junior and ended up in prison. This happened after I left, so I didn't know the girl, but I knew the coach.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,110

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    One of my HS teachers had a clandestine thing going with a classmate in my senior year.

    They eventually got married, had a family, and are still together 36 years later.

    I don't think that could happen in this day and age.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  4. #63
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    As the mom of a sooner than I would like to be 14 year old boy, I just have to say if she did that with my child she would be praying to God above that her cute little fanny was locked up to keep her safe from me.
    No offense but your post sounds like the teacher bound and gagged the dude... I assure you that is not what happened.

    I would be insanely disappointed in my son but putting myself in that position when I was 14, you bet your butt I'd be taking part... 14 yr old boys are an entirely different frame of mind than 14 yr old girls.

    Not that I agree with what those two did (as every 14 yr old kid knows scoring with the teacher isnt a "good" thing). It was wrong in todays society.

  5. #64
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    No offense but your post sounds like the teacher bound and gagged the dude... I assure you that is not what happened.

    I would be insanely disappointed in my son but putting myself in that position when I was 14, you bet your butt I'd be taking part... 14 yr old boys are an entirely different frame of mind than 14 yr old girls.

    Not that I agree with what those two did (as every 14 yr old kid knows scoring with the teacher isnt a "good" thing). It was wrong in todays society.
    Your argument would hold true if we were talking about a 14-year-old boy having sex with a 16-year-old girl. A 23-year-old teacher having sex with her 14-year-old student is abuse no matter how you cut it. Does he think so? Probably not. There are a lot of things that kids that age don't know yet. The fact that he is controlled by his hormones makes no difference. What she did isn't right.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  6. #65
    University of Cincinnati
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Clifton, OH
    Posts
    701

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Your argument would hold true if we were talking about a 14-year-old boy having sex with a 16-year-old girl. A 23-year-old teacher having sex with her 14-year-old student is abuse no matter how you cut it. Does he think so? Probably not. There are a lot of things that kids that age don't know yet. The fact that he is controlled by his hormones makes no difference. What she did isn't right.
    I don't think Smith288 post was claiming what she did was right. He was simply saying its not as bad as it sounds. No kids that are 14 dont know everything at that age, however you know whats going on in terms of right and wrong. I know the 14 yr old knew that doing what he did with the teacher wasn't right. I believe most 14 yr olds would take up on the offer of a 23 yr old teaher, especially a good looking one.
    THE University of Cincinnati

  7. #66
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    The teacher's actions are indefensible, statutory rape laws recognize the difference in maturity that makes the child a victim, even if he or she is a willing participant. And a 14 year old is a child, though while responsible for actions to some extent, is generally not mature enough to avoid being taken advantage of. A minor is deemed, and rightly so, unable to weigh all the consequences of such actions and is protected by laws.

    This falls in the category of things you'd never dream folks would question.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  8. #67
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I don't think Smith288 post was claiming what she did was right. He was simply saying its not as bad as it sounds. No kids that are 14 dont know everything at that age, however you know whats going on in terms of right and wrong. I know the 14 yr old knew that doing what he did with the teacher wasn't right. I believe most 14 yr olds would take up on the offer of a 23 yr old teaher, especially a good looking one.
    But this brings us back to where we started. It doesn't matter what most 14-year-olds would do in this situation. The whole situation is probably WORSE than it sounds because the teacher is young and hot. It's abusive, no less so than it would be if the teacher were 50 and ugly.

    Mods, pull me back if what I'm posting isn't appropriate for this forum, but there are some double standards and misconceptions about child sexual abuse out there. No one is more hated than the male child molester who preys on little girls (or boys, for that matter). And we picture these children as terrified and taken advantage of, which they are. But girls can develop weird relationships with their abusers, even sometimes starting to enjoy it or look forward to it since they are brainwashed into believing that it is a special thing they're sharing -- and girls, contrary to what some of you seem to believe, are sexual beings and take pleasure from the physicality of things too. Add into this the fact that many girls who are put into such situations are, unfortunately, often not getting much attention in other areas of their lives. And then we have a whole EXTRA cycle of guilt that derives from them enjoying this when they know they're not "supposed" to. Abused girls will then even turn around and SEEK OUT similar abusive relationships.

    Does any of this make it ok? No. And it is no different for this boy, who has been taken advantage of by someone in a position of power over him. Hot or not. He's going to suffer, and I think that is as bad as it sounds. If you wrap poison in chocolate and give it to a dog who eats it up because he loves chocolate, you've still poisoned the dog.

    edit: traderumor is quicker on the draw and more concise than I am.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  9. #68
    University of Cincinnati
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Clifton, OH
    Posts
    701

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    I'm not even sure what you guys are saying anymore, no one has said that she is innocent. From what i believe and read shes wrong. I dont see what the debate is or what exactly you're trying to sway me or anyone else to believe....?
    THE University of Cincinnati

  10. #69
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    In my opinion -- and I thought I saw some of this here, maybe I'm wrong -- the way she looks blinds some people to the gravity of the situation, that the fact that he was possibly a willing participant somehow made it less serious or abusive than it was. A post above referenced that "what they did...was wrong". He did not do anything wrong. He did, as many of you have pointed out, what many 14-year-olds would have done. She was abusive, and that is serious.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  11. #70
    University of Cincinnati
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Clifton, OH
    Posts
    701

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Im saying he was willing to do it (put in that situation i probably would have done it to if it was a young hot teacher). However I do still believe it is less serious than some of you make it out to be. I believe the law for a minor to knowingly have sex is 16 for a female, I'm not sure if its different for a girl. Anyway its different (IMO) when your a younger male than a younger female. If the genders were switched its worse because females I believe can be more vulnerable to these types of actions. Yes what she did was wrong, but that kid knew what he was doing. He knew he was doing stuff he shouldn't have doing.
    Last edited by beb30; 03-23-2006 at 03:45 PM.
    THE University of Cincinnati

  12. #71
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,110

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Yeah, as the father of one teenage boy and two teenage daughters, I can first-hand testify that *judgement* is the last thing to develop.

    My kids can solve calculus problems, write brilliant essays, apply formulae to a wide range of scientific areas, but sometime they do the *stupidest* darn things. The timeless rhetorical question "what were you thinking?" is oft-used in my "discussions".

    A 14 yr. old, be it a boy or a girl, simply lacks the wherewithall to maturely judge whether or not a sexual relationship with a 23 yr. old is a good or a bad thing. And lacks the emotional capability and maturity to carry on such a relationship without a high risk of long-term emotional damage.

    Vaticanplum's comment on this kid will have problems later in life with long-term relationships was spot-on.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  13. #72
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Anyway its different (IMO) when your a younger male than a younger female. If the genders were switched its worse because females I believe can be more vulnerable to these types of actions.
    And I disagree strongly with this, and that's exactly where I think the double standards come into play.

    In some states the laws for age of consensual sex do differ for males and females; there are a lot of people (myself included) who find this absurd and fight against it. So you are not alone in your opinion. For the record, Florida's laws are relatively strict. The age of consent is for males/females is 18. It is illegal for an adult to have sex with anyone under that age regardless of gender breakdown. 18 is the highest it is anywhere. In New York and Illinois, for example, it is 17; I believe it's 16 in Ohio. It does go as low as 14 in some states, but very few.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  14. #73
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Vaticanplum's comment on this kid will have problems later in life with long-term relationships was spot-on.
    He's young enough that it's possible that this was his first sexual relationship too. In the human mind he will now probably associate sex with authority figures and manipulation and he will certainly have negative connotations with it.

    I'll shut up about this now -- I can get a little riled up I know.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  15. #74
    University of Cincinnati
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Clifton, OH
    Posts
    701

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    agree to disagree i guess.......


    On a different matter:
    When a girl is under the influence of alcohol and you have sex with her its considered rape whether she says yes or not. Yet if a guy wanted to while being under the influence, i dont think it is considered rape itd be a problem........I'm not sure i understand why it wouldn't be, but people do regulate laws based on the differences between males and females.
    THE University of Cincinnati

  16. #75
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: Teacher's sex charges dropped

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    The age of consent is for males/females is 18. It is illegal for an adult to have sex with anyone under that age regardless of gender breakdown. 18 is the highest it is anywhere. In New York and Illinois, for example, it is 17; I believe it's 16 in Ohio. It does go as low as 14 in some states, but very few.
    I believe it's 18 in Ohio, or at least it was.

    When I was in college, a Fraternity brother of mine met a girl at a bar, and invited her back to our fraternity house afterwards. She ended up spending the night there and the next day the police came and arrested him. Apparently, she was only 16. She had a fake ID that got her into the bar and she told him she was 18, and believe me, she didn't look 16 at the time. He was a couple months shy of being 20. They later reduced his charge, so he avoided jail time.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25