Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thoughts on My Team

Thoughts on My Team

My league just had our draft last night and I'd appreciate some feedback on where I should look to improve my squad. My league is a twelve team 5x5 only we've replaced AVG with OBP.

C: Jason LaRue
    1B: Prince Fielder
    2B: Chase Utley
    SS: Raphael Furcal
    3B: Aramis Ramirez
    OF: Miguel Cabrerra
    OF: Scott Podsednik
    OF: Pat Burrell
    Util: Austin Kearns
    BN: Luis Castillo
    BN: Milton Bradley
    BN: Jeremy Hermida

SP: John Lackey
    SP: Javier Vazquez
    RP: Francisco Rodriquez
    RP: Eddie Guardado
    P: Chris Ray
    P: Scott Kazmir
    P: Danny Haren
    BN: Francisco Liriano
    BN: Jon Papelbon

I don't really love having Luis Castillo on the bench but he's pretty much the best backup 2B available. Offensively the only available player I'm really interested in is Casey Klotchman, but I'm not sure who to drop/trade to make room for him.

I'm pretty happy with my pitching staff but I'm open to hearing suggestions for improvement. Right now Oliver Perez and Scott Shields are both available in my league so I'd love to find a way to add them to my roster.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thoughts on My Team

Drop maybe Ray or Bradley and pick up Perez. I'd package Utley (possibly with Ray or Bradley) for a frontline starting pitcher if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Drop maybe Ray or Bradley and pick up Perez. I'd package Utley (possibly with Ray or Bradley) for a frontline starting pitcher if I were you.
    I appreciate the feedback. What is your reasoning for suggesting to package Utley over someone like Miguel Cabrerra/Aramis Ramirez? I'm not keen on giving up a potential 30 / 100 / .300 second baseman but I'd be interested to hear your reasoning.

Also I failed to mention that my league has a 1200 innings cap on pitching.

Keep Utley and Ray. Ray is the closer in Baltimore, and Utley will be the most valuable 2B this season.

I'd drop Castillo and pick up Perez.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?