Turn Off Ads?

Thread: UC to discuss coaching job with Karl Hobbs

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

UC to discuss coaching job with Karl Hobbs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UC to discuss coaching job with Karl Hobbs

Laughable. Hypocrites strike again. I can't wait until I can sever all my ties with this University.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Ugh, Hobbs would be a horrible choice. He's right in the middle of the diploma mill scandal and he hasn't recruited any big time talent since leaving UConn. Karl graduated from UConn, so did his wife, as soon as Jim Calhoun retires he's going to bail and take that job.

Rumor was Mick Cronin was in the mix, he would be a far superior choice to Hobbs.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Unless he screws his pooch by floundering at UC first. I can't see anyone but Mick or Andy doing well here. It's a very bad situation for any coach.

One of the biggest mistakes universities make in hiring new coaches make is putting too much credibility in one season, or in one good run in the NCAA tournament. One year does not make a coach a good coach.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    One of the biggest mistakes universities make in hiring new coaches make is putting too much credibility in one season, or in one good run in the NCAA tournament. One year does not make a coach a good coach.
    Yep, and it happens all the time. But who would expect the University of Cincinnati to actually make a smart decision?

Only Goin made smart decisions around there.

George Washington was a joke this year. Yes they won 27 games, with one of the weakest schedules in D1 basketball.

I'd love to see Mick get the job. He was the best recruiter we ever had under Huggins, he's a Cincy native and a UC grad. He knows what it takes to win here.

Hobbs is on my "cancel my season tickets" list.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    George Washington was a joke this year. Yes they won 27 games, with one of the weakest schedules in D1 basketball.

I'd love to see Mick get the job. He was the best recruiter we ever had under Huggins, he's a Cincy native and a UC grad. He knows what it takes to win here.

Hobbs is on my "cancel my season tickets" list.
    Anyone but Mick or Andy will be catastrophic for this program. I think once again the University will underestimate the fans.

I agree that Mick should be the clear choice. I just don't see it happening with his close ties to Huggs. But I'm not sure how ugly their break-up was with Mick going to Louisville. Heck, if I'm Mick, I play that one up to Nancy. Let her know that you also have a history of sticking to Huggins. She might actually go for that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I think Bruce Pearl should be one of the exceptions to this rule.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I think Bruce Pearl should be one of the exceptions to this rule.

Just sayin'.
    Bruce Pearl had success at a mid-major prior to going to UT. If a coach has success at more than one school, that's a good indication that he's a pretty good coach.
    Last edited by MWM; 03-22-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Thad Matta does not own a pool table
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Dear Karl Hobbs,

Be careful what you wish for. Outside the A10 isn't what it seems.

Sincerely,
    Oliver Purnell
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?