Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Could Arroyo be Unhappy Here???

Could Arroyo be Unhappy Here???

What I really wanted to say in my title (but didn't want to come down too hard on him), was does anyone see him being a clubhouse cancer. I mean the guy really seems displeased with the trade. Compare his reaction to Casey's reaction to his trade. Granted Casey is 1st class all the way, but I didn't hear any remarks by Arroyo that he wanted to make the team better, just "well at least I'll get 35 starts". I'm sure the trade shocked him and maybe I am reading into it too much. Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could Arroyo be Unhappy Here???

i think he would fit in... i mean, he has a much greater role in cincinnati... let's just give him time

Different kind of gyu plus there were rumours swelling around Casey for ages before he left. Plus Arroyo just inked a hometown discount deal, bought a new home, gets it painted and has to let David Wells stay there! Imagine going back to your new place and having to peel off dried up Pizza Cheese, replace the beer soaked floors.

I think it was more of a shock to Arroyo than Casey plus he has to change leagues. Some of his later comments are more positive. He says he will probably be better once he settles into the surroundings.

I don't know about Casey not being shocked.... I think he was. Big time!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

He might be, but his best shot of getting out of here is to pitch well
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I don't know about Casey not being shocked.... I think he was. Big time!
    If Casey didn't know he was going to be traded he'd have to have had his head in the same sand as Jimbo.

I'm sure Willy Mo was the one who was shocked the most.

I've watched alot of Boston games in the past 2 years... I either watch the Reds, or Boston.

Arroyo, is gonna be fine.. and he is gonna like his new team... Just give him a few days to get to know everyone..

I mean.. Whats not likeable about JR, Dunner, Kearns, FeLo, LaRue, Weathers, BC and Harrangatang?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels
    What I really wanted to say in my title (but didn't want to come down too hard on him), was does anyone see him being a clubhouse cancer. I mean the guy really seems displeased with the trade. Compare his reaction to Casey's reaction to his trade. Granted Casey is 1st class all the way, but I didn't hear any remarks by Arroyo that he wanted to make the team better, just "well at least I'll get 35 starts". I'm sure the trade shocked him and maybe I am reading into it too much. Thoughts?
    I'm sure he's disappointed to be traded, but I think he'll be fine once he adjusts and gets to know some of his new teammates.

Plus, I imagine it has to be real tough to leave a city like Boston -- it's a fantastic city to live in, with no shortage of things to do, a great local music scene, and some great bars and restraunts to hang in. Plus, as a member of the Red Sox squad that brought a World Series title to the city for the first time in ages, he was probably treated like royalty around town by the fans (read: everyone in the city).

I doubt he'll be a cancer -- in fact, I think there's a good chance he'll fit in well with this group of players based on what I've read about him and what I've heard about guys like Dunn and Kearns. It'll just take some time.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of Bronson Arroyo, clubhouse cancer. I swear on a stack of bibles and all that is holy, when you get to know him, you will realize how ridiculous that is. Seriously, he's maybe a little immature for his age in some ways, and he's probably more open than you're used to ballplayers being. He feels like he got the rug pulled out from under him and he's incapable of pretending as if he doesn't feel that way. But I don't know what more a guy would have to do to prove he's a team player beyond taking a hometown discount knowing he's going to be pushed out of the starting rotation and back to the pen, even though he's proven himself worthy of that rotation spot. Professional athletes just don't volunteer to do things like that unless they care more about their team than themselves.

He's a 29 year old guy still trying to score college chicks on a nightly basis. I don't think anybody expected maturity to be part of the package.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Bronson Arroyo could have fun at an insurance salesman's convention........in Anchorage, Alaska.
    AND I am not talking about 'partier type ways.' He's just your typical laid-back, take it as it comes kind of guy. He's just hurt, a little bit sad and he's human, just like us. I'm not going to say put yourself in his shoes, ya' I know, I know, we would all like to be in his shoes. But just take a look at the human side of it. Look at what Soriano is/was doing with DC. Look at how others have reacted about their trades and/or breakdown of contract talks. We are just looking at a simple guy. A guy that had his ever lovin' team "break-up," no "DIVORCE" him and he never saw it comin'. A lonely guy that needs and wants a home. Let's start these threads about his personality 'after' he throws out his first pitch (in season!) or after a few interviews. Get to know him first. For gosh sakes, let's not have him read threads like this and scare the poor boy into thinking he's right back where he started.
    Thanks Blumj & a couple of others for a voice of reason around here and in some other threads.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    He's a 29 year old guy still trying to score college chicks on a nightly basis. I don't think anybody expected maturity to be part of the package.
    ... or the man is wise beyond his years.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    If Casey didn't know he was going to be traded he'd have to have had his head in the same sand as Jimbo.
    Well, I didn't know he was going to be traded. Quiet rumors float around all the time, but honestly, I didn't think they'd trade him. Perhaps he didn't either.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I'm sure Arroyo will be fine with the team and a regular spot in the rotation, though he's probably going to look forward to road trips and I doubt he'll be sticking around during the winter.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?