Wily Mo blasts HR, goes 2-4 vs. Yanks

"Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wily Mo blasts HR, goes 2-4 vs. Yanks

Get used to seeing these headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by uks2h
    Get used to seeing these headlines.

Yup every 8 games he plays, are his errors allowed to be included or easy fly balls he misses?

Hehehehe.

Don't hate on his Mo-ness.

(yes, I know your not hating, only telling the truth, etc.)

as much as i like Wily Mo, i think this will end up being a good move for him. Ortez seems to have taken Pena under his wing - and having a guy like Big Pappy as your mentor can be a good thing.

I guess RedsZone will be having a Wily Mo version of the BEN (as in Brossard-sp?) report?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I hope WMP does well for Boston just as I do Arroyo for us. The idea of trades is for both teams to get what they want.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Did anyone else see the video of Wily's homer last night? It was an absolute screamer over the left field fence. Simply amazing bat speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Did anyone else see the video of Wily's homer last night? It was an absolute screamer over the left field fence. Simply amazing bat speed.
    Yeah. And if that curve he hit hung any more it'd be on a silver platter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I hope WMP does well for Boston just as I do Arroyo for us. The idea of trades is for both teams to get what they want.
    Here's an important point way too often overlooked. Anymore we seem to think one team should get the better of the other. Both teams filled needs from surpluses they each had. We forget that, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Here's an important point way too often overlooked. Anymore we seem to think one team should get the better of the other. Both teams filled needs from surpluses they each had. We forget that, it seems.
    A lot of times, it does turn out that a trade is lopsided, but that is usually determined in hindsight. That will happen when you're trading human resources. A good trade is one where both parties satisfy a goal they have in mind for doing the deal in the first place. That's why I liked Krivsky's comments when asked about "what if WMP reaches his potential," to which he more or less said "not my concern anymore."

And that is true. He pulled the trigger based on the best available information he had at the time with a specific purpose for doing the deal. But, in our culture, folks love to sit back in their chair, take a devil's advocate position, then say I told you so. Of course, those same folks are often silent when the same hindsight is in favor of the decision maker. But then, without that dynamic, sportswriters might actually have to learn something about the sport they write about
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I love this thread....Good positive chatter.

I have been saying that its great for everyone. The Reds have a starter that their hitters can believe will keep them in the game, and the Sox might have another Manny Ramirez in a few years...The hitters in the Reds dugout need to have a pitcher that doesnt require them to score 10+ runs every night and that is what Arroyo does for them...

I don't care. No different than anyone else in the league hitting a HR.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjwagner
    I love this thread....Good positive chatter.

I have been saying that its great for everyone. The Reds have a starter that their hitters can believe will keep them in the game, and the Sox might have another Manny Ramirez in a few years...The hitters in the Reds dugout need to have a pitcher that doesnt require them to score 10+ runs every night and that is what Arroyo does for them...
    Yep - clearly we got fleeced as evidenced by WMP's first ST game in a Boston uniform.

Hmm, I guess Wily Mo wasn't as rusty as some in the Reds organization surmised.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?