Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 3/23 game thread Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 3/23 game thread Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66
    No offense to you Reds Fanatic but it is really any different than what goes on Redszone every day with half of the Reds roster. Yes, he did it on a 50,000 watt station and XM but I would bet as many people read this website as listen to a Reds ST game during a rain delay.

I just don't understand why Marty gets ripped for saying something negative about a player but all of us can say whatever we want.

Flame away.
    Because what is said here isn't being broadcast to thousands of impressionable fans who don't know any better.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Can't really criticise Marty for blasting him once he was gone...he blasted him when he was here.

And quite honestly, I take Marty's assesment of Wily Mo and tend to believe him. We as fans just see what happens from 7:00 to 10:00 every night. We don't see his pregame activities and we're not in the clubhouse to see how is attitude is. Marty was around him on a daily basis. He would have a better idea than any fan would.
    Are you kidding me? Marty doesn't spend time with the players in the clubhouse. When he's not "working", he's playing golf. He spends less and less time at the ballpark every year... he's said as much on the air.

To be perfectly honest, we probably know more about these players than he does.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I think Steve is trying just a bit too hard to be funny.
    He was probably embarassed by Marty's bluntness and trying a bit hard to sidetrack the listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by flynn78
    Do you think Marty was too tough with Wily Mo or just being a straight shooter? That is something I have always admired that quality in him.
    Straight shooter? Marty?

Everyone says Marty says what he think... which is probably true. Sometime he should try saying what he knows, which IMHO is probably a lot less than he'd like people to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Dunn 3rd JR 4th..worked well last year, Dunn getting on base for the kid.
    Last year? Adam rarely batted third; that slot was pretty much locked up by Casey.

When it did happen it worked
    Go Gators!

It happened so rarely that I can't even remember!

I know what you mean, he had 338 at bats last year 5th or lower, funny spot to put 1 of the 2 best players on the team.
    Go Gators!

Wow - Doc Scott coming strong with PBP after he did it LAST NIGHT. Way to play to the business man's special.

My eyes still hurt from last night.

Good work one and all...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    My eyes still hurt from last night.
    Gotta get in shape..that's what ST game threads are for
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?