Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cronin named UC coach

Re: Cronin named UC coach

I will graduate from UC and I still will show them no loyalty. Basketball isn't that important to forget the way they treated the fans and Huggins/Kennedy. They don't deserve anyone to come back next year.

I was there yesterday and I loved Andy's purple shirt and tie. I think it showed where his loyalty is. That is where mine is also.

Good luck and goodbye from one fan.

The school turns off Kennedy's PA last night and they announce their new big hire right away. They were incredibly jealous of the treatment Huggins was getting on the news so they make their big move. I'm pretty thrilled that they made this decision easier for me.
    Last edited by Cedric; 03-24-2006 at 07:51 AM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I will graduate from UC and I still will show them no loyalty. Basketball isn't that important to forget the way they treated the fans and Huggins/Kennedy. They don't deserve anyone to come back next year.

I was there yesterday and I loved Andy's purple shirt and tie. I think it showed where his loyalty is. That is where mine is also.

The school turns off Kennedy's PA last night and they announce their new big hire right away. They were incredibly jealous of the treatment Huggins was getting on the news so they make their big move. I'm pretty thrilled that they made this decision easier for me.
    EXACTLY HOW I FEEL
    THE University of Cincinnati

If the basketball team influences your opinion of your alma mater, that much, that is truely sad. I don't care what Ohio State would do to a football, or basketball coach, it would not change my love for the school. We are talking about basketball, nothing to burn a bridge for.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    If the basketball team influences your opinion of your alma mater, that much, that is truely sad. I don't care what Ohio State would do to a football, or basketball coach, it would not change my love for the school. We are talking about basketball, nothing to burn a bridge for.
    Are you me? I'll make my own decisions bud.
    Nancy has made a hell of a lot more than basketball decisions wrong around here. I have no idea if you go here or follow the decisions she has made around campus?

University of Cincinnati

Have you been around the past year at all? Did you not see how UC treated not only Huggins, but Kennedy and many other employees as well. For what Huggins did for this University the past 16 years he didnt not deserve to be treated the way he was. For what Kennedy did for the University the past year he deserved a chance to be head coach, and not to be treated the way he was.....I love UC, but i absolutely hate Zimpher and the board. I will refuse to shake her hand when i graduate in june.

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Have you been around the past year at all? Did you not see how UC treated not only Huggins, but Kennedy and many other employees as well. For what Huggins did for this University the past 16 years he didnt not deserve to be treated the way he was. For what Kennedy did for the University the past year he deserved a chance to be head coach, and not to be treated the way he was.....I love UC, but i absolutely hate Zimpher and the board. I will refuse to shake her hand when i graduate in june.
    There will be many of us passing her hand. She has disrespected anyone that didn't have a degree AZ.

There will be many of us passing her hand. She has disrespected anyone that didn't have a degree AZ.
    You know what you should do. Put your hand out and when she puts hers out, pull it back and slide your hand across the side of your head like you're slicking your hair back. She will be so psyched out by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You know what you should do. Put your hand out and when she puts hers out, pull it back and slide your hand across the side of your head like you're slicking your hair back. She will be so psyched out by that.
    HAHA.

Chip- Many of my friends have joked about doing that EXACT same thing you said. It's too easy though.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It's different when your undergraduate alma mater embarasses themselves like this.

I loved my time at Tulane, but I still dispise the administration for not caring enough about the school's image to let the football and basketball teams travel around the country (prior to Katrina) and get the everliving crap beaten out of them. All because they just didn't consider it a priority to find talented people to coach or to spend money to find talented kids to recruit.

It might just be "sports" but when I was at school, the only time anyone ever heard the name Tulane was when reporting some lopsided score and showing a few highlights of Dwyane Wade posterizing someone. That stings. It may be irrational, but it's embarassing and it stings.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Karen Holbrooke and before her William Kirwin at OSU are/were despised by the student body, and also the general public. Holbrooke has basically banned all alcohol in the tailgating areas, moved long time tailgaters away from the Shoe, and given their spots to higher dollar donors, and has led a crackdown on admissions of at risk student athletes that is very unforgiving. Kirwin always came off as a snob, who stumbled over his own ego. He led a crack down on fraternities and their partying, and then a member of the OSU chapter of his own fraternity, died of an overdose of GHB, the date rape drug. Ohio State alums and fans know all about bad university presidents.

The sports teams and the president impact things that should account for less than 5% of your college experience, the rest of the stuff is what college is all about.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    It's different when your undergraduate alma mater embarasses themselves like this.
    Exactly, but even when you are a grad (like my father who went to UC) he hates to see what has happened and it furiates him to see what has gone on.

Karen Holbrooke and before her William Kirwin at OSU are/were despised by the student body, and also the general public. Holbrooke has basically banned all alcohol in the tailgating areas, moved long time tailgaters away from the Shoe, and given their spots to higher dollar donors, and has led a crackdown on admissions of at risk student athletes that is very unforgiving. Kirwin always came off as a snob, who stumbled over his own ego. He led a crack down on fraternities and their partying, and then a member of the OSU chapter of his own fraternity, died of an overdose of GHB, the date rape drug. Ohio State alums and fans know all about bad university presidents.

The sports teams and the president impact things that should account for less than 5% of your college experience, the rest of the stuff is what college is all about.
    Again- Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't care about? Disagree with me if you want. Don't try and tell me what to think.

I SHOULD care about what I want to care about.

The "rest of the stuff is what college is about"

Don't you realize people might have a different opinion than you?

Kirwin always came off as a snob, who stumbled over his own ego. He led a crack down on fraternities and their partying, and then a member of the OSU chapter of his own fraternity, died of an overdose of GHB, the date rape drug.
    So, maybe it was a good idea to be cracking down?

University of Cincinnati

Again- Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't care about? Disagree with me if you want. Don't try and tell me what to think.

I SHOULD care about what I want to care about.

The "rest of the stuff is what college is about"

Don't you realize people might have a different opinion than you?

Exactly, and technically the president can make ultimate decisions that effect your college experience. And why wouldn't social events such as bball games and football games account for more than 5% of your college experience? AZ i guess you must be a big fan of Zimpher

Zimpher is now rumored to have applied to Northwestern. Its part of her masterplan to get to and wreck as many universities before she can carry on no logner.

Is it official that Downey is staying? Is there a link for this?
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?