Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Observation on one of Marty's comments...

Re: Observation on one of Marty's comments...

Castellini isn't the one who said it.

You know, that said, I wonder if these guys (ownership, managerial staff, players) have any idea of what's said during radio broadcasts.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Castellini isn't the one who said it.

You know, that said, I wonder if these guys (ownership, managerial staff, players) have any idea of what's said during radio broadcasts.
    I'm sure some do. I can recall Rob Dibble refusing to be on the star of the game show after Marty B. was critical of his behavior back during the 90's
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I like the fact that he is "73" years old and uses words like iz, domincans, criticiszm, eyez, and strikez, among others.
    you know you should stick to your own business and not tell me how to use redzone b\c i treat every1 w\ respet and i reserve the sam from u im sorry im not smart enuf for u i am 73 and im trying to give this board a fair shak and dont call me troll b\c i find that hasty, nasty not ffair to how u have been treateed very child, honestly, and you should reexamine what makes you feel such certainty towards disrespect towards others.

Quote Originally Posted by WomackRULZZZ250
    you know you should stick to your own business and not tell me how to use redzone b\c i treat every1 w\ respet and i reserve the sam from u im sorry im not smart enuf for u i am 73 and im trying to give this board a fair shak and dont call me troll b\c i find that hasty, nasty not ffair to how u have been treateed very child, honestly, and you should reexamine what makes you feel such certainty towards disrespect towards others.
    Uh.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    WomackRUlZZZ250 - sounds like a troll name to me. I don't have a problem with people bringing up race - believe it or not race relations is a problem we don't talk enough about in our society.....but from a Troll it is just baiting.
    dont call me a troll i don't deserve it ne more than you judge me by my posts im treating every1 w\ respect and i deserv the same

I apologize. My post was out of line.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

dont call me a troll i don't deserve it ne more than you judge me by my posts im treating every1 w\ respect and i deserv the same
    Thanks for posting!

The comments about Pena seem to stem from a few things.

1. Lots of people around the club - writers, broadcasters, officials, etc. - seemed to whisper a lot last season about how long it was taking him to recover from a quad bruise or whatever. I remember a lot of people on here doing the same. The general consensus always came across that Pena turned little nagging injuries into injuries much more serious because he didn't want to work through them.

2. I seem to recall Pena taking a lot of heat from people for not doing extra BP and "voluntary" sessions during the year that other players did. Even when he was struggling.

3. It's not necessarily having to do with being lazy, but some of the writers seemed to get the impression that some people felt WMP had gotten a big head and was cocky with people at times. He felt like he was on the Dunn/Jr level of "status" I guess on the club as far as what was expected of him to do and everything.

Those were just some of the rumblings I've heard and read from people.

What I've been sayin' all along.. .

There was a time when Reds Fans were considererd amoung the best and brightest in all the land.

Way back when we could form our own opinions.

The average Reds Fan of today (IMHO) believes everything they happen to hear from Marty.

The true shame here is that nobody wants to disagree with any of Martys opinions.

Most local beat writers and sportstalk radio host wait for Martys take on things before they'll take a stand on a subject. Gotta agree with "THE HALL OF FAMER" ya know.

This is not a hate on Marty post but rather a hate on the nature of things.

Marty was alone in the booth last night... best game I've heard him call in a long long time.

He had no one else to talk to so, for the most part, he stuck with the game. Very few sarcasms as well.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    Marty said today that Pena was one of the laziest players he's been around. I find that hard to believe. Though he's not a good outfielder, he has improved. He consistently plays winter ball. His plate approach has improved. And beyond that I don't think one can have a physique like his and not work on it. Does anyone know if there is an incedent(s) marty is referring to? PS- I'm for the trade I just found his comment odd.
    I've heard that there are some players that weren't really sad to see him go because he is so gifted, but doesn't work as hard as some who aren't.

Again, it's what I've heard.

iz marty racist towards domincans? lots of unfair criticiszm seems to be at their expense w\o justification lots of time not that he doesnt talk out of his you know what about other things to
    He's not racist towards anybody. He says what he feels, just like we do....the difference is, what we say doesn't get broadcast over a 50,000 watt station.

im serious lot of his felipe comments were over the line and now wily mo when every1 says he was the hardest worker
    Junior's the hardest worker.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Marty was alone in the booth last night... best game I've heard him call in a long long time.

He had no one else to talk to so, for the most part, he stuck with the game. Very few sarcasms as well.
    See...he's still got it! :

My sincere apologies. I look forward to reading your future posts.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Turn Off Ads?