Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CIN/STL Trade Idea

Old Red Guard Reject

CIN/STL Trade Idea

Ok, the Cards just sent down Anthony Reyes. They have a glaring need for an outfielder. How about Kearns for Reyes?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: CIN/STL Trade Idea

With StL in the same division, I personally wouldnt make any trade with StL unless it was for some guy named Pujols.

Which gets me to thinking, is there any other player, on any team in the league, that would be considered "more untouchable" as far as trades go than Pujols? When you consider his age and his production, just quickly thinking real fast as I type this, I cant think of anyone immediately coming to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules
    With StL in the same division, I personally wouldnt make any trade with StL unless it was for some guy named Pujols.
    God forbid the Reds help themselves.

Anyway, my standing offer remains Dave Williams for Adam Wainwright. Now if only Wayne Krivsky would just run that past Walt Jocketty.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Just out of curiosity......would you trade Dunn for Pujols?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Just out of curiosity......would you trade Dunn for Pujols?
    Yep, and I wouldn't even think twice.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Yes I would trade Dunn for Pujols, and I would have no problem dealing Kearns in our division if it was for a good arm.

Who in their right mind wouldn't trade Dunn for Pujols? Pujols is a solid guy that hits for average, power, and has more steals than Dunn!

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    God forbid the Reds help themselves.

Anyway, my standing offer remains Dave Williams for Adam Wainwright. Now if only Wayne Krivsky would just run that past Walt Jocketty.
    I really don't think St. Louis wants a pitcher that is average at best in Williams for a up and comer like Wainright. The Cardinals didn't get where they are today making silly trades like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    I really don't think St. Louis wants a pitcher that is average at best in Williams for a up and comer like Wainright. The Cardinals didn't get where they are today making silly trades like that one.
    And yet Tony LaRussa has stated openly that he thinks Dave Williams is a pretty groovy pitcher and the Cardinals need a lefty long man in the pen.

I'd find out if LaRussa really meant what he said.

And yet Tony LaRussa has stated openly that he thinks Dave Williams is a pretty groovy pitcher and the Cardinals need a lefty long man in the pen.

Then I would imagine that someone in the Reds front office better leak the rumor. That way Jockety won't be able to hide it from LaRussa.

Old Red Guard Reject

M2, not doubting what you're saying, but do you have a link or source? I probably just missed it, but I never heard of LaRussa's affection for Mr. Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    M2, not doubting what you're saying, but do you have a link or source? I probably just missed it, but I never heard of LaRussa's affection for Mr. Williams.
    It got posted here a bunch of times back when the Williams deal went down. You can probably find it by doing a board search on "Williams, LaRussa"

HalMorris,

I think Miguel Cabrera is entering that territory. He isn't more untouchable than Pujols right now, but he is getting close.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunndawg
    HalMorris,

I think Miguel Cabrera is entering that territory. He isn't more untouchable than Pujols right now, but he is getting close.
    I would have thought Dontrelle Willis too but that might not be true acording to things I've read here today.

Felix Hernandez probably would come close to Pujols too.

Would you trade Homer Bailey, Kearns and EdwinE to the Fish for Willis and Cabrera?

Would that deal make the Reds a contender?

Turn Off Ads?